>Coffee For Your Tortured Soul< 13

Opening your eyes with a yawn, you sat up, squinting at the bright sunlight shining through your windows. After sitting on your bed, waiting to wake up, you slid off and headed downstairs.

"Morning, sunshine," Anti greeted with a quiet laugh, sipping a cup of steaming black coffee. You waved, and sat down across from him. "You want coffee?" You nodded, used to drinking coffee with all the hours you stayed up late at night, for your projects. He stood up and went to the coffee machine, turning it on and putting a cup underneath the spout. Then you remembered something.

"Um, Anti?" you muttered, looking at him. He glanced at you, signalling that he was listening. "Could I go back?"

"Back where? Certainly not to Dark's place," he scoffed.

"No, not Dark's place. Campus. I need to finish school," you explained. He gawked at you like you were crazy.

"(Y/N), Dark is probably ready to kill you, and your school is the first place he'll look. You can't go back, it'll be dangerous for the both of us," he insisted, bringing the cup of coffee to you, then sitting down once more. You were about to protest, but then you realized he was correct. Dark knew where you went to school, and he would probably be furious when he found out that you ran away.

"Well, what about here?" you asked back. "Dark might think to look here."

"He doesn't know that "here" exists," he replied coolly. "He doesn't know where I live." That answer satisfied you, so you simply sighed,

"Just make sure that Lillian doesn't get hurt."

"Oh, your friend I met? Sure, I'll figure something out," he nodded, then smiled. "Dark won't get to either of you, I promise. You'll be safe with me." Then he pulled out his phone and scrolled down, looking at something. There was a silence as you sipped your coffee and he played on his phone.

"Hey, you want breakfast? I know a restaurant around the corner," the demon finally suggested, not bothering to look up from his screen. After a few seconds of thinking about it, you nodded, and after putting on some shoes that Anti lent you that weren't too dirty or ripped, you headed out.

* At the restaurant *

The food was tasteless and grey. It wasn't anything like Dark's dinner that night... but then again, he was just trying to trick you. You shook your head, annoyed, and took another bite of the slimy oatmeal, listening to the indistinct chatter and clatter of plates around your booth.

"Are you okay?" Anti asked, seeming concerned. You nodded absently, staring out the window. It was cloudy out, a bit overcast. You saw a man walking his dog, then a couple, walking together, hand in hand. They were laughing. Suddenly, a hand waved in front of your face, jarring your thoughts.

"W-what do you want?!" you sputtered, startled and annoyed.

"You blanked out. I asked a question," he stated, sipping his fourth cup of coffee.

"What is it?" you snapped, more harshly than intended. Even so, Anti kept a straight face and simply asked the question again.

"What did Dark do when he kidnapped you?"

"Not stick his hand in my face while I was thinking!" you barked, still annoyed.

"Sorry, sorry. Jeez," he grumbled, rolling his eyes. "I was just curious." There was a thick silence between you, then you mumbled,

"Gave me dinner."

"What was that?" he asked, cocking his head forward so he could hear you better.

"He gave me dinner after strangling me," you repeated in a louder voice. A few tables around you looked at you strangely, but you just stared back fiercely. They quickly averted their gaze, not wanting a fight. You needed more coffee, badly.

"That sounds like a Dark-like think to do, actually," Anti snickered.

"Is it now?" You looked down and started playing with your food. Honestly, you were just annoyed. Irritated at Dark for kidnapping you, irked at Anti for eating with you and Lillian that one day at school, and exasperated at yourself for ever talking two either of them. (A/N: Are those enough synonyms for annoyed??? XD)

"Penny for your thoughts," Anti commented with a smirk, and passed his mug of coffee to you. You grabbed it gratefully, chugging it down without a thought of the scalding on your tongue and the roof of your mouth. You knew you'd regret it later, but you needed coffee now. "Better?" Anti asked.

"Yeah. Way better," you sighed in relief, feeling the warmth of the coffee flowing through your bloodstream, energizing you. It felt good. Really good. Anti liked his coffee black, which meant it was strong and bitter, but with your crankiness, you didn't mind a bit.

"Great. The breakfast is terrible, but the coffee here will soothe your soul," he joked.

"Terrible breakfast, amazing coffee. Let's get outta here," you giggled, then stood up. Anti threw some money on the table, and the both of you left, chatting about Dark and his past.

============================

Want cookies. Now. >-<