Chapter 2 - Kidnapped

Evangeline

I woke up to the music of 'Shape Of You' by Ed Sheeran. The song was playing at a deafeningly high volume. I opened my eyes, but couldn't see anything. There was complete darkness. I tried to move my hands but they were tied up behind my back. My mouth was covered with a piece of tape and I was left completely helpless. Tears threatened to flow from my eyes as I remembered how I had been kidnapped. I tried to scream despite knowing it was of no use.

At once, the volume of the music became lower. "Shhh... It's okay, relax," a deep and manly voice said, in attempted soothing tone, yet it had no effect on me. If anything it just made me want to scream louder but I knew it would be in vain.

I squirmed and continued to try to break free. The blindfold was then removed from my eyes and the sudden light blinded me for a couple of seconds. I had to blink three or four times before I could see anything properly and my eyes shifted to my surroundings. I was still in that gorgeous car and it seemed like we were driving on a highway. It was already morning which meant that I was out for the entire night. I then turned to look at my kidnapper and I was shocked at what I saw.

Instead of being a creepy, scary man, he looked like a freaking model. His features were perfect. He had perfect cheekbones, and his jawline was so sharp, it could cut something. His eyes were the most gorgeous and gentle brown eyes I had seen. The light stubble along his jaw made him look even better. He was obviously young, looking just a year or two older than I was. His dark brown hair was styled perfectly and his lips had a perfect shape. Even though he was sitting, I could tell that this person was at least 6'2 or 6'3.

He was wearing a black leather jacket with dark gray jeans, ripped at the knees as well as slightly above them. Underneath the jacket was a white shirt which perfectly hugged his body and even through his clothes I could tell that he had a great physique. He was also wearing a black stud in one of his ears, and had a black dragon tattoo on the side of his neck which gave him that 'don't mess with me, I'm a bad boy' image. He was the most good looking guy I'd ever come across.

 He was the most good looking guy I'd ever come across

"If you promise not to scream, I'll remove the tape." He said, breaking me out of my thoughts. Was I seriously checking out my kidnapper? I looked at him, not really offering any kind of response.

"Do you promise?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

I slowly nodded, as there would be no use of screaming anyway. It didn't seem like there would be anyone around to help me.

He removed the tape and I coughed. I licked my dry lips to moisten them but it didn't make much of a difference because my mouth was completely dry.

"Here, have some water," he offered bringing a bottle of water close to my lips. I looked at it and then looked at him suspiciously. "Chill, I've not mixed anything into it," he said honestly. I knew that if he did want to make me unconscious he could just use the chloroform again and so I brought my lips to the head of the bottle and sipped the water. I slowly drank the entire bottle of water, as I was really thirsty. He remained patient and was quiet the entire time. He then threw the empty bottle in the back seat carelessly, and shifted his eyes back to the road.