1- Typical Morning

I woke up to the annoying sound of the noisiest pressure cooker in the neighbourhood. You know those people in movies who wake up to the sound of birds chirping, with the biggest smile on their faces, and their hair to the point of perfection? Yeahh I'm definitely NOT one of those. But then again I quickly turned my morning frown into a smile on the thought of my mother, who wakes up earlier than all of us to make breakfast........ Breakfast? Wait a minute.... pressure cooker? OMG NO!!

I quickly glance at the clock which just struck 12:00 p.m. i.e. the time school ends, which means, "Mom!!!! I had school today, why didn't you wake me up?" My loud voice echoed throughout our house, so I'm guessing it might've reached the kitchen downstairs.

So my mom answers in an equally loud but sweet voice,"Beta (dear) Maleeha, you said there was no school today.' To this, I throw my blankets away and go downstairs.

"Mom, I said there's supposed to be no school tomorrow" I answer panting for breath.

She comes closer and puts her hand on my cheek. "I'm sorry, I mistakened it for today." I quickly hug her and assure her that it's ok, it's just school.

"So, what's for breakfast, uh, i mean lunch? I mentally laughed at what I just said. You see, I was the crazy punctual kind at school, and my classmates used to curse me for that, but whenever all of us planned on a random chutti (holiday), I'd pity them and stay at home too, saving their butts from the teachers' lectures of not being punctual like me.

"I made Aaloo ki bhujiyaan (fried potatoes in curry), your favourite." She replies.

"Yes!!!" I exclaim in happiness and plant a kiss on her cheek. My brother Salman, who is a year younger than me, slides down the railing of the house stairs and lands on the sofa in the living room. Yeah, he arranged the sofa in such a way, so that he can straightaway land on it after sliding down the rail.

Anyway, he grabs the remote and turns on the TV, where this reporter mentions a bomb blast somewhere. It seems quite familiar as to where it happened. And as soon as the words ring clear in my ears I just stand there in shock with my hand covering my wide-open mouth, and a tear rolls down my cheek. Mom and Salman have equally shocked expressions. I can't believe what just happened.....

Ok, so here's the first chapter.Hope you liked it. Please vote, comment, and share etc. :)