Chapter Six.

If the photo works it's of Sky.

He sat in the waiting room alone, his hands were shaking and so were his legs. Jenny was still with the doctor and he hadn't heard anything.

"It's all my fault..."He said to himself.

He'd followed the ambulance to the hospital on his bike but they had whisked her into the hospital before he could even catch of a glimpse of her. He didn't even know how bad she was hurt, or what they'd done to her.

"Is there anyone here for Miss Jennifer White?"

He glanced up to see a doctor in his scrubs approaching, he stood, anxious to hear about Jenny.

"I'm her brother, please...is she alright?"

"She's going to be fine, most of the injuries though painful as superficial. She is missing a few teeth, some cuts and bruises but I see no reason she can't make a full recovery. She's also a little dehydrated and her body temperature had plummeted. We're going to keep her overnight just to be sure she gets warmed up but if all goes well she can go home tomorrow."

"Can I see her?" Sky begged.

"For a few minutes I suppose."

The doctor turned and exited the room, Sky following him down the hall. Hospitals made him uncomfortable, ever since his mom died in one they've made his skin crawl and his anxiety go into a fever pitch. Not long ago he'd been stationed at the hospital outside the door of a room that a small girl was in and while he did his best to keep her safe it was hard to keep his calm. He hadn't been in a hospital since.

They turned a corner and stepped into a sterile, cold room. A nurse was just finishing up with Jennys vitals and she smiled at him and the doctor as she left.

"Sky," Jenny tried to speak, her voice cracking.

"Jenny," He crossed the room, sinking onto the bed and almost taking her in his arms. He stopped when he realized the bruises and cuts. Afraid he would hurt her.

She reached out to squeeze his hand, letting her head fall back against the pillows.

"I can't believe you came in here," She said.

"Of course I came, you needed me."

"They....they locked me in a freezer with a man, he...he took my clothes and..."

"He didn't....did he rape you?" Sky asked, taking a deep breath.

"No, no."

"What happened?"

"It was the man that you owe money....he did this."

"I know, I'm so sorry Jenny."

"How did you get in this deep Sky? Why didn't you come to me sooner?" She asked.

"I just....didn't want to disappoint you, again."

"I almost died....Sky..."

"I know," He dropped his head, already feeling guilty without her pointing out the obvious.

"You let me down," She said softly, her eyes filling with tears.

"I'm sorry, Jenny. I never planned on you getting hurt."

She closed her eyes with a heavy sigh, clearly whatever pain pills they had her on were doing their jobs. He stayed by her side, holding her hand until he was sure she was asleep. Then he stood and leaned over to lightly press a kiss to her forehead, the only area he could see that was untouched.

He exited the hospital, checking his watch as he stepped outside. It after midnight and he probably should go home and get some sleep instead he headed to the clubhouse.

The clubhouse was dark all the other members that were there were already in bed, the rest at their actual homes. Zeke was most likely home with Becky, Demon would be at Lacey's, Only Morgan and Wolf were there during weeknights and Ty as well.

He swung off his bike and walked inside surprised to find Wolf still sitting up in the large living room area of the clubhouse.

"You're still up?"

"Yeah, I can't sleep."

"Something wrong?" Sky asked taking a seat on the other couch.

"I keep thinking about that damned pregnancy test....I might be a dad...and Morgan hasn't said a word."

"Well it's not Jenny, I can promise." Sky offered.

"You asked?"

"Yeah and...it's not possible. Speaking of Jenny....I'm in deep with Lou again....they got Jenny when she was leaving work."

"Is she okay?" Wolf asked, giving Sky his full attention.

"She's going to be fine, but can she stay here......when she gets out. I'll know she's safe here."

"Of course she can, how deep is it?"

"Deep enough."

"The club would help if we could, you know that right?"

"I know but....you'd never get enough and besides....I need to deal with this mess myself, I did it I can fix it."

"Okay, bring her here and we'll keep her safe." Wolf promised.

"Thank you."

"It's what we do."

"So, Morgan hasn't said anything?" Sky asked.

"No and the suspense is killing me, if she's pregnant......I....I'm not ready to be a dad."

"You've been a dad for Iris for months," Sky pointed out.

"It's different."

"I don't think it's Morgan, she would have told you." Sky said.

"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough," Wolf said with a shrug.

Sky stood, cracking his neck. He was sore and stiff from sitting in that waiting room waiting to hear how bad Jenny was.

"Bring Jenny here as soon as she's able, I'll have Morgan get a room ready."

"Great."

"In the meantime, why don't you get some sleep?" Wolf asked.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

"Just try, Jenny is going to need you at your best."

Wolf stood as well heading down the hallway to his own bedroom where Sky knew Morgan was waiting. Sometimes Sky envied Wolf, Demon and Zeke for having a steady woman in their life. The closest he had to a steady relationship with anyone was Jenny and that was different, she was his sister. He couldn't take her on dates, couldn't move in with her and sleep in her bed, he couldn't come home from a long day and make love to her like they did their girlfriends.

He turned and walked down the opposite hallway to his own room, he could go home to his apartment but he was suddenly too tired. Collapsing fully clothed onto his bed it didn't take long for his eyelids to grow heavy and he drifted into a restless sleep plagued with nightmares of Jenny.