Chapter sixteen.

Two days later the club threw a party for Zeke and Becky, it wasn't really a baby shower since it took place at the clubhouse and was a barbeque, booze also provided. Jenny had tucked herself into a corner and was nursing a beer when Zeke walked by, his stance taller, shoulders more set, chest puffed out obviously a thrilled dad to be. Even his friends relentless teasing and remarks hadn't dampened his spirit.

Becky was glowing and the other women each took turns fussing over her mostly non-existent bump. Of course the girls would be throwing her a baby shower soon but had decided to wait until they the sex of the baby.

Jenny was happy for Becky but everything going on with Sky was weighing on her mind. Those people were going to kill him, maybe even kill her and he hadn't spoken to her in days. She caught a glimpse of him across the room and she waved, timidly. He stared back but that was it.

"How's it going?" Raphael asked, settling next to her.

"I'm so worried for Sky."

"What's on your face doesn't look like worry to me."

"It doesn't matter......he doesn't want me," She admitted softly, staring down at her beer.

"He'd be stupid not too."

She turned to smile up at Raphael, he was one of the few people that knew how she felt about Sky. The girls of course knew everything but Raphael did too.

"Want to make him jealous?" Raphael asked, glancing at Sky.

"Make him.....how?" She asked.

"Like this."

He ducked his head then, taking her mouth with his. It wasn't a passionate kiss, it was gentle and tender. Barely a brush of his lips against hers, his fingers tipping her chin up. To anyone watching it might look like a passionate embrace but it wasn't. It did however work as planned.

A firm hand on his shoulder pulled Raphael off of Jenny and she barely had time to register it was Sky before he was shoving Raphael away.

"I told you to stay away from her."

"Hey, take it easy." Raphael said.

"I told you stay away from Jennifer, I said it in plain English!"

He moved forward, shoving Raphael again. Raphael didn't react but Jenny saw the clench in his jaw. Even if he did this to help her get Sky's attention he wouldn't take the abuse.

"Sky!" She rushed forward, catching his arm.

"Let's go," He turned grabbing her arm in his grip.

He walked out of the main room without another glance at Raphael, dragging Jenny behind him. She stumbled in an attempt to keep up with his longer strides as he led her down the hallway, passed couples who were making out and ducking into empty rooms.

He pulled open the door to his room, roughly yanking Jenny in behind him. He only released her to close the door and she stumbled into the middle of the room, rubbing the spot on her arm where he'd gripped her too tight.

"Shit! Sky, what the hell was that?!" She demanded.

"Me? What the hell were you doing?! I told you to stay away from him!"

"You don't own me Sky, I can see who I want."

"Not him," He snapped.

"Why? He cares about me."

"I care about you!" He moved towards her.

She'd never been afraid of Sky, not since they first met but when he moved closer she instinctively backed away. Her arm was bruising from his punishing grip earlier.