Suspect 8: Mrs. Joyful

The guidance counselor was back and you were able to speak with her for a few minutes.

                Her office was methodically organized and there was something just slightly off about her that you couldn't put your finger on. Even her name seemed to give you the creeps, 'Mrs. Joyful.'

                "Can you tell me about Carry?" you ask her.

                "Yes, I know Carry very well. I see –I mean saw, her quite frequently.  She came to see me every other day. She wasn't well liked by the other teachers –or most of the students. She got into fights, stole things, made more than one girl come to me in tears, and rarely went to class."

"Would you consider her one of the hardest students to work with?"

"Definitely. And the parents have been no help at all. I have spoken to her parents many times but her stepfather was unwilling to do anything about her behavior. In fact he is coming in to talk to me in about thirty minutes if you would like to stay and talk to him."

"That would be wonderful," you say appreciatively.

You are glad you don't have to track down where this guy works.

"Anyway, I feel like she had so much potential but she dashed her chances with bad behavior and unwillingness to change. I know Dex, her ex-boyfriend, had a lot of problems. They both came to me separately about their relationship. Dex was specifically frustrated with her after she broke up with him."

"Did you have anything against her personally?"

She thought a moment before shaking her head, "No, That's all I know, now I need to go talk to Mrs. Candy about her hunting knives."

You raise your eyebrows but do not comment on it.