Chapter føur

Josh had a towel wrapped around his waist; he walked out of the bathroom.

A tired groan escaped his mouth. He stood in front of the closed door of his bedroom.

He opened the said door slowly and quietly; he knew Tyler would hear him either way, but still.

Tyler was lying beside the mattress, curled up in a ball, his back facing Josh's part of the room.

Rays of moonlight came from the caged window in Tyler's part of the room, giving the room a shiny, icy blue light.

Josh didn't turn the light on; he knew where his queen-sized bed was.

He lied down; body still wet from the shower. He threw his left hand to the beside table he luckily managed to reach it. He opened a drawer and grabbed a pair of boxer briefs. They were an olive-ish blue, but he didn't see that in the dark nor did he care. He pulled them on, not caring to stand up.

He pulled the white duvet over his wet body and cuddled into it.

He closed his eyes, turning to his left; back facing Tyler's part of the room.

Not a lot over five minutes later, Josh was awaken by a growl.

But this was not a growl like any Josh heard before.

It was Tyler's. But it wasn't threatening. It wasn't scary. It wasn't sending shivers down Josh's spine. It didn't rise panic in Josh's lungs. No. This growl was a scared one. A growl asking for help. A sad growl. A growl in desperate need to break free and escape it's prison. A growl that was trying to protect itself from the world with its last bits of strength.

Josh turned to look at the younger boy in the caged part of the room.

Tyler twitched in his sleep. In between the next growl, Josh heard a soft hum. If Tyler wasn't facing the wall, Josh would've been able to see the frown on his face.

Josh sighed sadly and turned back to the left.

Sleep.

...

Josh was gonna be making spaghetti for lunch.

Tyler has been complaining about being locked for the entire morning, but Josh didn't know what else to tell him except the fact he was under any circumstance not gonna be let out.

He first went to make Tyler something to eat. He was gonna try to stop Tyler's cannibalism. He bought him a chicken in a market earlier and didn't bother to put any additives on it; Tyler was used to raw meat so why not give him that. He put the whole chicken on a metal tray and walked toward hid bedroom.

This was sure a weird thing to do at high noon on a Saturday.

Tyler was pacing around his little cell nervously.

"I brought you food" Josh said calmly.

Tyler's head shot up and he gripped onto the bars "Who?"