Chapter ten

Trigger warning: violence, blood

Tyler took in one last heavy breath before finally calming down.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked, leaning close to the cage door.

Tyler started to growl and frown in anger before pushing his body onto the door in a way to threaten Josh.

Josh jumped back a bit.

"You're such an idiot Josh!" Tyler yelled; his voice was mixed with a growl and that made him sound different than usually. Scarier.

"What did I do?" Josh rose his arms innocently.

Josh's mother gasped and smacked Josh on the head; he let out an 'ouch'.

Tyler's growling only got louder.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Josh said defensively "I didn't mean to leave you in the car, it won't happen again"

Tyler snorted "You're sorry"

"Joshua, I did not raise you to be this irresponsible" Mrs Dun said, crossing her arms on her chest.

"It's not a small mistake, Josh" Mr Dun added "Your friend could've died"

Tyler growled in agreement.

"It won't happen again, alright?" Josh rolled his eyes.

"Alright, where are you gonna put him?" Mr Dun changed the subject quickly.

"I was thinking the basement or the garage" Josh shrugged.

Smack.

"Ow, what the hell?" Josh rubbed the back of his head looking at his Mom.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! He's a human being!" Mrs Dun said loudly.

Tyler shook his head sadly when nobody was watching.

Josh sighed when an idea crossed his mind "Okay, I'll put him in my room with me. We'll go up now"

Josh got up and picked up the cage, walking to the staircase before his parents could comment.

He opened the door to his old room with his elbow and pushed it open with the cage in his hands.

When the door was shut, he placed the cage underneath his window.

The room was rather small; (if you stood on the doorway) the bed was on the right side of the room and took most space. Straight forward was a decent-sized window with white, dull curtains. On the left stood a thin closet and next to it a work desk. Wherever there was empty places on the walls, there were shelves with various random stuff or just posters. The room was mostly in darker colors, with quite a few white areas.

"You're just gonna leave me here?" Tyler asked angrily.

"No, Tyler, wait" Josh left the room, leaving Tyler alone.

Tyler was honestly sad. His best friend thinks he's an animal and treats him that.

Josh soon came back; he was holding a heavy chain, a large padlock and a saw.

Tyler frowned in confusion "What are you doing?" he dragged out the 'what'.

"Nothing" Josh said, kneeling down in front of his closet. He took the saw and started to cut out a small rectangular shape in the bottom of the left door of the closet.

'What the hell?' Tyler thought to himself.

Josh stood up when he finished sawing and pulled the closet a bit away from the wall. He took the chain and put it around the closet. He left the closet doors open; he approached Tyler in his cage.

"Okay, Tyler, I hope you can forgive me later on" Josh said.

Tyler was actually starting to feel a little bit of fear in his chest.

Josh then grabbed the back of the cage and leaned it forward a bit. Gravity pulled Tyler down so his face was pushed onto the door of the cage. That's when Josh mumbled a last 'sorry' and started to kick Tyler's head with his right foot.

Tyler started to cry from the pain; the pain was even worse because of the small bars of the door.

Tyler's whole face and head started to bleed like crazy, blood was everywhere. Tyler begged Josh to stop; he didn't know what did he do to deserve this.

Tyler's tears mixed with his blood and everything hurt so bad; everything was starting to blacken.

Josh just wished Tyler would stop screaming because his parents were already knocking and yelling on the other side of the door.

Tyler's voice stopped and his eyes slowly closed as he lost conscience.

...

Blink, blink, blink.

Tyler's sight was blurry, his whole head and face burnt in pain. He was feeling claustrophobic.

He was in a dark, small space; he couldn't even turn in any direction from where here was sitting.

The pain was exhausting him; he doubted he'd be able to stand up, he just didn't have the strength.

There was a line of light though. The looked through it.

Josh's bed.

Anger completely embraced Tyler.

He was inside the closet.

He suddenly felt a rush on energy fueled by anger and managed to jump up.

"Let me out! Let me out!"

Tyler's screams echoed through the house and Josh knocked on the closet door trying to make Tyler shut up.

Josh has been sitting on his bed for two hours now. His parents eventually gave up on trying to enter the room, but he still wouldn't unlock the door.

"Tyler, calm down, please" Josh said softly. He was feeling really bad about what he did. But that was the only idea he had. It was completely unlike him.

"Calm down?! Calm down?! You want me to calm down?!" Tyler screamed "You beat the hell out of me, lock me up in a closet and expect me to calm down?!"

"Yes?" Josh gulped.

Tyler roared in anger and the closet started to shake. Josh held it with both hands in attempt to keep it in place. He was successful.

Tyler yelled and beat the closet all until his energy ran out and he collapsed to the floor of the closet.