Chapter 20 • Heartbreak 101 •

-Unedited- Enjoy 😌
Chapter 20 • Heartbreak 101 •

On our way home in Luke's car his phone rang. I ignored his conversation and looked out the window watching the scenery go by as we passed. My eyebrows drew together in confusion as he missed the turn to my penthouse.

"Um-"

"Mom said that we should come by now and it's important. She wouldn't tell me what it is", he explained.

"Okay... You're fine with that?", I looked into the review mirror at Alessio.

"Sure. It's fine", he waved off. I smiled and went back to watching the streets.

We pulled up at the Wilsons' and got out. The three of us walked to the house and Luke opened the door allowing us to walk in first.

Mr. and Mrs. Wilson sat in the living room along with Nessa and Luke's brother. "Now what's with the meeting", Luke asked as he took a seat and pulled me down with him. Alessio followed and sat beside me.

"Who's this?", Nessa purred eyeing Alessio.

"None of your business", Luke stated calmly. Nessa scowled at him then sent a glare my way as she saw my smirk.

"Again, what's with the meeting?"

"Cassie said there's something she wants to tell us. All of us", Mrs. Wilson shifted her gaze to me emphasizing 'all'.

About ten minutes later we heard the front door open. Cassie walked into the living room hand in hand with someone.

NO. My heart started pounding into my ears. I was sure if I was to be hugged right now that person would be able to feel how fast and hard my heart was beating against my rib cage.

He came just a little below her rib cage. Very familiar bluish- green eyes stared back at us innocently as he swept his chocolate brown hair away from them.

Everyone was staring shocked at the little boy except for Nessa who was beaming and Alessio who was just staring at the little boy blankly.

"Everyone", Cassie started, "I'd like you to meet my son Chris", she bent down to the boy's height and smiled, "Baby, meet daddy and his family", she smirked at Luke who was still gaping at the child.

I wanted to believe it wasn't true but he looked more like Luke than me and Alessio looked alike.

She won. From the confident smirk she sent me she knew it too. How can I compete with his flesh and blood? I knew, I just knew if we were to continue with what we had going on Cassie would find a way to use the child and worm herself in between us. Does it even make sense to continue trying?

I got up from my seat and ran out the house. Tears were slowly running down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them. A hand laid on my shoulder stopping me from my run and pulled me back.

I knew it wasn't Luke because I wasn't too familiar with this chest. He didn't come after me. That made me cry even more into Alessio's chest. He rubbed my back as a form of comfort but I don't think anything would dim the heart ache I was feeling right now. Could this get any worse?

Alessio hailed a cab and I gave the driver my address. The ride was quiet. I eventually stopped crying and was halfway into dreamland. The cab stopped and Alessio shook me a little and I snapped out of my dozing off.

Audrey wasn't home because my whole penthouse was quiet and that's rare when she's here. I'm actually kind of glad because I know she'd try her best to make me feel better and I just want to be alone.