C h a p t e r 18 - Undesirable Tears

Steadily raising to my feet once again, I hiss in pain. The sharp needles continue to pierce through my burning flesh. Everything hurts, and Sasuke isn't looking any better than I am.

'There's got to be something we can do, otherwise we're just sitting ducks! I wish Naruto was here, maybe he could help. Since I don't see us getting out of here from the inside, we'd need Naruto to be a decoy from the outside. It's the only way.'

Standing next to Sasuke, we ready our move. Prepared to once again try our attack. We make our hand signs, aim in the same direction, and shout.

"Wind Style: Sakura Blizzard!"

"Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!"

Sasuke's fireball spits out burning flames, and my wind style only enhances it, causing the fire to grow viciously. I lift my arms in order to cover my face from the extreme heat. Removing them, I check to see the damage. Only to find that there is none. Not even a single scratch. Sasuke and I look on with shocked faces.

'That's impossible! How many times have we tried this already! I knew the ice was infused with chakra, but I didn't know it would be this strong.'

"Great...have any other ideas?" I say to Sasuke.

Before he got the chance to respond, we both hear someone say, "Psst."

Immediately turning around, I stand there shocked to see Naruto! He's crouching down with his hand over his mouth in order to keep his voice down.

"Hey guys, I came in here to sneak you out." Naruto whispers, seemingly oblivious to the situation at hand.

Sasuke stares at Naruto while I face plant on to the floor.

"You idiot!" Sasuke yells at the clueless Naruto.

"You're the idiot! I came in here to help you!" He shouts back.

"Naruto, you shouldn't have come in here, now we're all trapped," I add sadly.

"...Oh, maybe I...uh, should've thought this through a little more." He mumbles while scratching his cheek in embarrassment.

"Do you even think at all! You're such a loser!" Sasuke retorts.

Naruto planned to say something back, but I interrupt, "Stop arguing! We don't have time for this. If we don't figure out a way to counter this jutsu then we're going to die!"

My words got the two of them to stop arguing for the time being. Naruto's sudden appearance seemed to have distracted everyone, including Haku, but not for long. Out of the blue, he resumes his attack on us. With his needles aimed at Naruto, Haku makes his move. Luckily catching this, I move in front of him and take the hit.

"(Name)!" Naruto shouts in concern.

"I'm...fine." I say softly while getting up slowly.

'This attack hurts a lot more than the last. He's beginning to aim at more vital parts of the body. If he's fighting more aggressively now, then we need to get out of here, and fast. Otherwise we're done for.'

"Guys be careful, his attacks are a lot stronger than before." I warn them.

They both nod their heads, taking my warning seriously. Naruto creates several shadow clones and launches forward in an attempt to break out. I back him up and Sasuke does as well. We try again and again, getting weaker each time. Our attacks never reach Haku, but his always reach us. Stopping my relentless movements, I lean over placing my hands on my knees while panting.

'I'm almost out of chakra. If I keep this up, I'll pass out soon.'

"Hang in there (Name)." Naruto says while panting, noticing my sudden fatigue.

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry about me." I say putting on a small smile.

Pulling myself together, I stand up straight and look at Sasuke to make sure he's alright. Upon observation, I see he seems to be frustrated and in deep thought. Once he looks up, I'm able to see his face. I stand frozen for a few seconds while my (e/c) orbs meet his now red ones. Naruto takes notice of this as well.

"Sasuke, your eyes!" Naruto and I end up saying at the same time.

Haku quickly takes the opportunity to hit us where it hurts, seeing that we were distracted. Naruto and I fall victim to the attack, while Sasuke is actually able to dodge it.

'He must have the ability to see Haku's attacks now that his sharingan has finally awakened.'

Jumping back into action, Naruto creates more clones to hit each mirror. Only to have them all fall back with needles piercing each one. While his clones disappear I shout at Naruto.

"Stop! Attacking recklessly won't get us anywhere, you'll just be wasting your chakra."

Quickly thinking of a plan, I wave both of them over. Once they understand, we all nod in agreement. Getting into position, we all watch each other, waiting for Naruto to make the first move.

He creates another crowd of clones and each one of them attacks a certain mirror. Sasuke watches each one closely, waiting for Haku to make an appearance. Instead of going after Naruto like we had predicted, Haku emerges from the mirror behind me.

"(NAME)!" They yell trying to warn me.

Quickly turning around my eyes widen in surprise.

'It's too late, I can't move!'

With nothing else to do, I lift my arms enabling me to block my front. I wait for the impact of the hit, when I suddenly feel myself being forcefully pushed aside. Roughly hitting the ground, I hear someone scream. Looking up, I find Sasuke was the one who pushed me out of the way. He took the hit instead.

"Sasuke!!!" Naruto and I shout simultaneously.

He's barely standing on his feet. There are thick needles lodged everywhere within him. Getting up, I immediately run to Sasuke, Naruto does the same. He begins to fall back, but I catch him and lay him down gently. Sasuke opens his mouth to say something but only coughs up blood. My eyes widen even more as tears begin to prick my glossy orbs.

"...Y-you both should see the looks on your faces." Sasuke says, putting on a painful smirk.

"SHUT UP! Idiot...stop talking. There was no need for you to do that." I say, with a quiver clearly evident in my shaky voice.

"...I don't know, my body...just moved." Sasuke whispers.

Staring at his face, I watch as his eyes slowly close and his head falls to the side, limp and unmoving. Tears rapidly begin to fall from my eyes. Placing my trembling hand on his cheek, I try uselessly to wake him up.

"Sasuke..." I whine, before letting out a shrill cry.

"SASUKE!!!"