Hideyoshi being Alive theory #2

Introduction

Hideyoshi Nagachika is one of the supporting characters in Tokyo Ghoul. He is the childhood best friend of the main protagonist, Ken Kaneki. Although, he appears only a few times, Hideyoshi plays a major role in the development of Kaneki Ken's character. Hideyoshi's nickname is Hide. His debut in the Tokyo Ghoul manga was in chapter 1 and in the Tokyo Ghoul anime episode 1.

After Kaneki had an organ transplantation surgery and became a ghoul, he got involved with Nishio Nishiki, who is also a ghoul. Nishio attacked Hide, making him unconscious and Kaneki tried to save him, but failed. They get rescued by Touka Kirishima, who brings the two of them to Anteiku.

Without anyone knowing, Hide listened to Kaneki and Yoshimura's conversation in Anteiku and found out that Kaneki is a ghoul, but he remained silent.

While Kaneki was cooperating with Shuu Tsukiyama, Kazuichi Banjou, Hinami Fueguchi and the rest, Hide worked for the CCG as a delivery boy. During the Owl Suppression Operation, Hide disappeared and his whereabouts are currently unknown.

In the following text we will talk about:

Hideyoshi Nagachika

The theory

Moment of disappearance

Sasaki's present - the book

Hide reported as missing

Hide's new identity

Tokyo Ghoul:re and Hide

Hide's whereabouts and Great Wheel Act

Hide's role in the story

Hide's association with other people

Appearance during crucial moments

Hide and Anteiku
Moment of Disappearance

The last time Hide was shown was in Tokyo Ghoul manga chapters 136 and 137.

At that time, Hide was working for the CCG as a delivery guy and he got involved in their investigations after mentioning that Kaneki Ken is his friend. But, he was actually using the CCG in order to find out about Kaneki's whereabouts, so he could bring him home after he disappeared.

While everyone was fighting during the Owl Suppression Operation, Hide left the CCG and went to search for Kaneki. After he found him, Hide came to Kaneki and told him that he knew everything about him becoming a ghoul. He accepted him for what he is and suggested that they return home together. But after that, everything became black and in the next chapter, Hide was already gone.

Afterwards, when he came to his senses, Kaneki said that he felt the taste of blood in his mouth and because of that everyone thought that Kaneki (in his Kakuja state) ate Hide. Especially after the last episode of the Tokyo Ghoul anime.

In the anime version of Tokyo Ghoul, the ending is a bit different. Here, Kaneki encountered Hide in Anteiku, where Hide admitted that he knew about him being a ghoul long ago. After their long awaited reunion, Hide collapsed on the ground, saying that he "screwed up a little". That is when Kaneki noticed an injury on Hide's stomach. The next scene in the anime shows Kaneki carrying Hide's dead body as he walked towards Arima Kishou. The anime ends with Kaneki standing before Arima, waiting for him to kill him. But, the anime doesn't follow the manga completely, so it can't be considered cannon.

Hide reported as missing

At the end of the Tokyo Ghoul manga, after the Owl Suppression Operation, there was a list of injured, killed and missing people.