Chapter 5

I awake to being thrown harshly onto a moving surface. I feel instant heat and I open my eyes, looking around as I see The Heavy leaving the room I am in. It's getting hotter every second. I look in front of me to see where I am going, and all I see is fire. I am on the conveyer belt headed towards the incinerator. I quickly thrash until I fall off and I slither out of the sleeping bag.

What the hell? What was that idiot doing?! If he had placed me down gently I would be burning to death right now! Is this team trying to secretly kill me? I see a few trash bags headed for the fire and... wait a minute, is that my satchel? I run towards it and throw it across my shoulder, leaving the room I am in.

I walk around aimlessly and lost until I hear a voice. "Scout!" I turn to look, it's The Soldier. "Come here!"
I walk over to him, "Soldier, I could have died! That fatass had me heading for dat 'disintegrator' of yours!" I shout at him.
"Wasn't part of my plan, kiddo. Let's be honest, who would miss you anyway?" He laughs, "Follow me."

I follow him back to the meeting room and we both take a seat. "I think those wounds of yours have been treated enough for you to get back out there. Our Medic lowered the amount of days it would take you to heal completely. He's a very skilled one." I start to worry; I don't want to kill my own teammates.
"What if I don't wanna?" I ask. He just raises his shotgun and points it at me. I raise my hands in surrender, confusion on my face.
"Then you're dead meat. You're already useless, but then you'd be completely useless." He lowers his weapon and I hope he can't read the anxious look I currently have.
"Guess that sorts it then." I stand and grab the scattergun from my satchel, making my way to the door and leave. I walk to the exit, take a deep breath and run. I am taking this as it goes, I am not sure if I am planing to spill blood.
I run for cover and gradually make my way to the RED base. I hear a sentry and lock my eyes with the bright red of it. I run for cover, luckily avoiding the bullets and duck behind a boulder. Now is when I begin to wonder why they make you wear such ridiculous clothes in this weather, there may be more chance of freezing to death.
"I've got ya now." I hear from my right and see the RED Engineer I had seen holding the toolbox, aiming his shotgun at me, and before I can say my final words, he is knocked out by the BLU Scout I share a room with.
"Run!" He tells me, and I don't need to be told twice. I get back on my feet and run as fast as I can as a red dot follows. The Sniper has his eye on me. I run in different directions, trying to avoid my death. I quickly hide behind another boulder, blocking the view of the man who had told me 'Good Teamwork!' yesterday. I breathe fast, either from trying to catch my breath or from the anxiety. I am never like this on the battlefield, maybe because I know what my mission is, when right now, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I am so close to the RED base. I figure I will make my way in and find a teammate who I can tell about what has happened. But getting in won't be easy, there are sentries blocking the entrance. I have to find another way in, until I remember something.

I'll get in the way I got out, through the window in the hospital ward. I can see it from where I am, but I'll have to find another way around. I will be a major target if I don't. I begin to look for any slightly less dangerous routes and my eyes land on a hill made of rock. Trees coated in snow stand atop. Climbing it will be risky, but I don't see what else I could do here. I am the Scout, the fastest on the battlefield. I have to climb it and fast.

I run as fast I can and climb the hill. Within seconds, rockets are blasted into the rock and I know they are meant to hit me. I make it to the top as a bullet from a Sniper Rifle hits just inches away from me and leaves a mark in the snow. I hide behind one of the trees and look down. I can see the window. I walk along the rock until I get to the end of it. I have a clear path to and I wait until it's clear. I take a deep breath and say my final words, "I may not have made my team proud, but I made myself proud by tryin'."

I run across to the window and jump inside it, jumping off the desk. I made it, I actually made it!
I have no time to think any more because my eyes are locked with the RED Medic who previously treated me.
He reaches for his syringe gun and my hands immediately go up in surrender.
"Look, n-no! I-" I try to say, but I am pinned against the wall with his gun full of needles aimed and ready to be fired into my skull. I see from the corner of my eye, his finger pulling the trigger.
"D-don't shoot me! I'm the RED Scout!" I say desperately, and if I had said it a second earlier, I'd be unconscious. I see the spark of confusion on his face but it quickly goes away as he must believe I am a liar and this is a plan of the BLU's.
"I mean it! I sent a note! I thought ya pesky bird would let ya know what happened to me!"
The gun is slowly lowered, but the door is slammed open. The BLU Soldier. He has his rocket launcher aimed and ready to shoot, but then he sees me and realises he can't shoot without killing both of us.
The medic aims his syringe gun towards the BLU Soldier, immediately shooting a few needles as he hits the floor and passes out.
The RED Sniper and RED Engineer charge through the door now. They were probably following the BLU Soldier.
"Well, well, what do we have here, fellas?" The Engineer says, shaking his head and aiming his shotgun as the Sniper aims his Submachine gun towards me.
"Don't shoot! I'm the RED Scout! I swear! I can explain!"
"Only a BLU Scout would say somethin' like that." Engie replies, all of their guns still aimed at me.
I sink down onto the floor, getting ready for my life to be taken. I tried and I made it this far.
"I had your dove send you a letter." I mumble, but they hear me.
"Dove? Letter? I saw one of 'em drop a letter where I was snipin'. Picked it up and skimmed it. Something about a hospital ward and bein' captured is all I can remember." Sniper says, then a look of realisation appears on the Medic's face. "Wait a minute, we are in the hospital ward. I realised Herr Scout had escaped when I came to check up on him."
"Dats me! I told ya! I'm the RED Scout!" I stand, clearly desperate for them to believe me already.
"I say give him a chance. Don't see why not, Scout doesn't have enough intelligence to lie this good." Engineer says while chuckling. Anger is shown on my face, but I can't be bothered to fight back. I just want them to believe me.
And then the Sniper and Engineer hit the floor. The BLU Soldier had risen to his feet and none of us had realized. He is holding his shovel, and it looked like he had hit them pretty hard with it. It is not known if they are dead or just passed out.
"Eh, Scout, good thing I'm here. Don't think you could have taken out these three on your own." He says while walking over to me.
"Nah, Soldier, good thing this Medic is here with me, I don't think I'd be able to take ya out on my own." I quickly put my hand over my mouth. Maybe I said too much.
His eyes widen, "You're gonna wish you didn't say that, you little maggot!" He charges at me, with extreme anger on his face. I quickly grab my Sandman bat from my satchel and block his shovel from hitting me too.
The Medic just watches but he is still armed, unsure of who to shoot.
"TRAITOR!" The Soldier spits in my face, trying to hit me again but I block it.
"You're a damn idiot, Soldier! I never planned to stay with ya crappy team!" I look over at the Medic who is still confused, "Uh, little help here?!" But as the words leave my mouth, I lost a bit of my strength, allowing him to whack me over the head with his shovel. My vision turns black.