Chapter 17

Julie was sitting on a speaker on stage listening to the band warm up when Amanda walked up to her.

"JJ I just wanted...."  Amanda started.

Julie's hands flew up and covered her ears.  "No!  Don't speak about it.  I just wanna pretend it never happened!" 

"Listen I just...."  Amanda tried again.

"No I swear to you right now I do not want to even think about it.  It gives me the creeps.  Please do not mention it."  Julie said again.

Amanda couldn't help but laugh.  "You are so weird."

Julie shivered.  "Ugh I swear I'm never gonna get it out of my head."

"Harry was right you are pretty funny."  Amanda said.

"Oh Jesus Christ.  Don't you people have anything better to talk about.  Like how's the weather.  Not how's your sex life?"  Julie said.

"So, how is your sex life?"  Amanda asked laughing.  Today was quite the comical day when it came to JJ.  There weren't many.

"Amanda I really am going to hurt you."  Julie cringed.

Amanda laughed and started to say something else but Julie was glad she was interrupted by the band.  They wanted to know if there was a song the girls liked that the guys didn't play during the shows anymore.

"Stand Up!"  Julie and Amanda both said at the same time.  The band started playing the song.  The girls got up and danced around like it was playing in the living room and they were at home.  Since it was just the band they were kinda singing the lyrics but you couldn't hear them over the band.  It was so much fun.

When the song was over they turned around quickly when they heard applause.  Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn were walking out on stage clapping.  Julie buried her face in her hands and Amanda on Julies shoulder.

"How embarrassing.  You people really need to learn to stop sneaking up on people."  Julie admonished them.

"Oh, but when we do we get to see the best parts of people.  We like watching people make a fool out of themselves."  Louis laughed.

Julie walked over and playfully punched him in the stomach.  "Why are you such a jackass?"

"Because I completely adore you."  He said laughing.

"Jackass."  She said again.

"Where did that song come from?"  Liam asked. " I didn't even know the band remembered it.  I'm not sure I remember it."  He laughed.

"Oh my god!"  Julie said. "Panda and I are obsessed with that song."

"It's true."  Amanda laughed.  "Its our go too song when we are bored and alone."

It was time for sound check.  Julie and Amanda went back to the side of the stage so they could watch and listen.  They usually only did a couple of songs and then were done so the girls were kind of surprised when they were talking to each other and the band for awhile after what they thought was the last song.  The girls looked at each other when they didn't recognize the song that started playing. 

Then they heard Niall say.  "We are going to let you guys hear a song or two from the new album.  This ones called "Ready To Run"  I think it properly says things 1 or 2 of us might want to say right now." 

Julie and Amanda had heard some songs leaked from the new album but this was not one of them.  How exciting.  The girls listened intently to hear the lyrics.