F O R E W O R D

❝I don't know why he's trailing me like a puppy

❝I don't know why he's trailing me like a puppy.❞

Ashlyn Blossom had everything figured out: finish high school with flying colours, get into a prestigious university, and secure her dream job. It didn't seem like much to ask for. However, it would mean there would have to be very few, if any, distractions.

BANG! In walks the biggest distraction of all, Blake Colton. Whoever was watching over her life must have been a little disturbed in the head to throw the pair together.

With each conversation, consisting mostly of relentless flirting and a hell of a lot of smirking, she felt the walls she'd built to help her focus throughout her school years, start to crumble.

Whereas in Blake's case, he felt his usual 'I don't give a fuck' attitude dissipating with each encounter with Ashlyn.

He had only really taken such an interest in her in the first place because she seemed adamant on resisting him. He assumed it was yet another girl playing hard to get, who would succumb to his charms in a matter of days.

But, she was like no other girl he'd ever pursued; she was passionate and knowledgable, kind to anyone and everyone, accepted people no matter their flaws.

What he didn't expect was with each twirl of her hair or redden of her cheeks or even that raised eyebrow would get his heart pumping faster than normal, erratically even. He found himself trying more and more to catch her eye, to see that smile grace her face. One laugh was enough to turn his insides to jelly.

Ashlyn resistent so as to not disturb her grades, and Blake scared to experience feelings he'd never known before. Will either relent or will they be trapped in an endless cycle of ignoring their obvious connection?

———

hey! so this book was written a long, long time ago

hey!
so this book was written a long, long time ago. you'll probably be able to suss that out, considering some of the references in here are pretty old. (e.g. season 1 of riverdale,,, omg what happened. stay away from crack kids😔)

this is a first draft. it's shit, and I know it's shit.
at least I'm self aware, right? just be wary of plot holes and random inconsistencies that really wouldn't have been hard to follow through with but either 1. I was lazy or 2. my brain is like a sieve and I forgot. so sorry about that.

it's cliché. hello, this is me we're talking about. and cut me some slack, I was like 14.

I just wanted to get it out there because it's the longest one I've written, which means updates should be pretty frequent. every monday and thursday.

I will be thoroughly editing this steaming pile of shit once all the chapters are published.

you may be wondering 'why on earth are you publishing a book when you know it's crap?' good question. it's simply just that AWMRB is going to be completed relatively soon and I wanted something other than MONS to pick up afterwards, away from Jolie and Archer and all the rest of those characters.

anyway, thank you for getting this far, even if you don't carry on with it.

love, rosie x

GENERAL WARNINGS:
Swearing
Drinking
Cliché

All characters and the story line are complete figments of my imagination and if anything relates to the real world, it is completely coincidental.