TPW// chapter two

THE REMAINDER OF MY LESSONS were average, as always. The extent of the excitement went to about not having homework. Whooh, I guess.

Being a senior really isn't this amazing, care free time like people might assume. If anything, because of the weight of expectations and what not, the pressure was even more. But, you did have some handy things: being the top of the school. Not too many annoying freshmen. Ah, what bliss.

I can't remember being that small as a freshman and I hope beyond hope that I wasn't as annoying as the current ones.

My last lesson had been Spanish, which was far far away from food, meaning it had taken me considerably longer to reach the cafeteria. You'd think they'd make the hallways bigger or something to avoid the build up of students.

It's like a swarm of people with very little space all going in one direction. Not to mention the people who walk aggravatingly slowly that you just want to shout at. And the people who aren't even moving but just standing there, right in your way.

But, I did eavesdrop a little... but as I've said, gossip is Emily's thing. Doesn't mean I'm not just a intsy tintsy bit nosey though.

"Stacy said she and Ryan did it in the classroom but I don't know whether that's true because he's going out with Rebecca," one told her friend as they strolled down the hall together.

"No! They're half siblings. That'd be like incest," the other said. At this point, I decided I didn't need to hear the rest of the story.

Enough was going on in my life (you know sleeping and cuddling my dog) for me to concern myself with other people's possible incest.

Having finally passed the meanderers and turtles, I found myself scanning the canteen, in search for someone to end my loneliness. My search didn't last for too long as I spotted Emily waving frantically at me, hoaxing me over.

As stereotypical as it sounds, there were different tables for different cliques, some were a little more extreme than others.

To my right, were the students who hate anyone and everyone. I'm kidding. They're actually really nice, but tend to keep to themselves for the majority of time.

Beside them was a group consisting of many of the members of math club, but then Emily was a member of maths club and she didn't sit with them. They didn't all wear glasses and braces or any other misconception you might have.

In fact, you would only really know which group was which if you went here.

And then there was everybody in between who just mixed with anyone and everyone.

I'd barely got comfortable (as comfortable as you can get on those rock hard chairs) when I was thrown into one of Emily's renowned arguments.

"Can you believe it? Mr Zitty-" (his name was actually Mr Zittel, but as we are millennials with a 'limited imagination', this abbreviation was created. He was also unfortunate enough to suffer with severe acne.) "-he tries to tell me I shouldn't wear makeup, then he has the nerve to get me to go to the PRINCIPAL because it's 'distracting,' like what the fuck?" she rants, reaching over to grab a chip.

Another thing, Mr Zitty was extremely harsh and critical with pretty much everything, resulting in his nickname being used more frequently.

"At least you didn't have to suffer through an hour of Mrs Collie going on and on about her ex-husband going off with some 'young hooker,' as she likes to call it. She then went on to show us a slide show of all their memories from 1987. I was prepared to jump 3 stories to get away," I say, shivering at the images from the previous lesson.