TPW// chapter ten

SOMETIMES I WISH WHEN I AWOKE it would be to the tuneful tweeting of birds like you see in films or even to roll over to a hunky fella. But no. This wonderful morning, I turned to see a girl with her mouth open, snoring loudly and soon after being kicked out of the bed by an unconscious Emily.

In fact, I'd only woken up because of a smack in the face by none other than the restless girl beside me. Some how, she manage to spread herself across the whole bed at night. Honestly, she's so like my dog it's a little scary. We always used to joke about it, but there is some truth in it.

With a thump, I landed on my rear. For someone asleep, she kicked hard. I tried to scrape myself up off of the floor, but it was in vain. My muscles just weren't on my side this morning, unapologetically refusing to follow my commands. 

Huffing, I managed to stand up, already feeling a bruise developing.

I felt at least ten years older as I all but limped through the door.

Dragging myself to the bathroom mirror, I almost gasped at my grim reflection. I thanked past me for removing my make up last night. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be surprised if kids ran away screaming at the sight of me... more than usual.

Surprisingly, my pyjamas weren't inside outcall me the change in the dark expert. or backwards and I was a little impressed with myself.

I still displayed atrocious bags under my eyes and my hair was as barbaric as ever. It took a lot  of effort to hold in my cringe at the girl stood in front of me. How does a few hours lead to this? From 10 to 0 real quick.

It didn't take long for me to hop in the shower and give myself a good scrub. I tried to scrub away the memories of the loud music rattling my head and the sickening smell of, well, sick. Cleaning lifted my spirits a good deal, making me feel at least a bit more human.

Em had all these exotic smelling shampoos and bath soaps; it made me feel a little sophisticated even if it was only for a few minutes. I doubt she'd used half of the assortment of bathing products in here and probably spent a fortune on them too. The times we'd been out shopping and I'd had to literally drag her out of some store to stop her buying the whole bathing section. And let me tell you, she's very strong willed.

I'd fished out some clothes from Em's closet. I really wasn't great with fashion and all that, but I would be able to say, without a doubt, that Emily's fashion sense is A1. I would also admit that I am happy to wear them whenever.

I'd begun towel drying my hair, shaking it slightly when a loud groan was heard from her room.

I guess Emily's up. Cue an endless string of curse words.

"Fuck this shit."

Here we go.

###

Em's groans of pain had died down over the course of an hour or so. But she still complained about her headache.

"It feels like a herd of elephants charging around my head," she grumbles, holding her head on the kitchen island. I placed another glass of water beside her, which she gulped down in disturbing speed. After hydrating herself, she placed her head back on her arms and groaned, yet again.

"Maybe you'll be more careful with your drinking next time, hmm," I said, whilst preparing some breakfast. The bacon sizzled in the pan and its smell filled the house. I pulled a plate from the cupboard to my right, placing the previously fried eggs to one side and awaiting the finish of the bacon.