Illuminated

We all went to the Sheriff station so my dad can ask us all some questions.

"So when did you get there?" He looked at us.

"At the same time." Stiles replied.

"At the same time as who?" My dad questioned.

"At the same time as me." Scott pointed at himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" My dad and Stiles went back and forth.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?"

"think he's asking me."

"think he's asking the both of you." I blurted out as I sat next to Stiles and Scott.

"Okay, let me answer the questions. Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." My dad gathered up the information.

"Sounds about right." Stiles spoke.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" My dad kept questioning.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles told him.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles had winked and pointed at his dad. The Sheriff laughed but covered it up by a cough.

"Stiles, just, uh...Just answer the man." Sheriff sat up.

"We made a good guess." I told him.

"What were the two of you doing?" My dad looked at Kira and Scott.

"Eating pizza." Scott said.

"Eating sushi." Kira said. Oh my god.

"Eating sushi. Eating pizza." They both said but the other way around. They both looked at each other.

"Eating sushi and pizza." They got it right. My dad then turns to Stilinski.

"You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." I laughed, my dad turned to me, then I stop. "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" We all looked at her. I swear, mess this up, this station is going down.

"Yes. Could I get my phone back now?" She told my dad.

"Sorry, but no." We all walked out of the room. I was almost at the door, my dad had called me and Scott to talk.

"Scott, Juliet..,I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse." We both nodded.

"Yeah, I get it." My dad then looked at me.

"Uh, yeah."

"All right, go home. It's a school night." We nodded our heads again and I got on the bike with Scott and went home.