Chapter Five

From the first night I saw you twirling in that red dress,

I knew that I would not be able to keep you out of my head.

You asked when you would see me Catherine,

So if you really want to see me again.

Meet me at Hatta's, Sunday night at 10.

-Jest

Cath blushed, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't keep herself from smiling. Jest had already planned when they would be meeting again. She read it over and over again. Imaging Jest as he wrote it, imaging him reading it to her rather than having the note itself. She read it until she memorized every detail of it. She knew no matter if her parents had made plans for her that late on Sunday night, that she wouldn't go.

Afraid that someone would find the note, Catherine hid it in a nearby drawer. She put on her nightwear, got into bed and drifted to sleep.

It was late at night when Catherine walked to Hatta's house. It was well past ten, and while she had done nothing that day, she was late because her parents were awake in the dining room discussing their plans once Catherine had gotten married, and their plans leading up to her marriage.

Catherine had overheard them enough to know that they weren't talking in depth about everything, but only of the basics. Things like future events they'd have to hold to make them even more well known and liked than they already were. They talked as if their major goal was right in their reach, but they knew that the last few steps were very crucial.

The moment her parents had gone to their office to get their address books Catherine quietly snuck downstairs, and out the back door. She ran across her back garden, then walked to the part of Hearts were all the shops were.

She had never been out at night by herself. The last time she was walking these streets was the night of the Tea Party. The night she saw the Jabberwock with her own eyes, all the damage it could do, and how terrifying it could be.

The Jabberwock was still somewhere out in Hearts. Cath didn't know what scared her more the Jabberwock itself, or the fact that the King hasn't done a thing about such a drastic thing. The thought of it only made her walk to Hatta's Shop faster.

When Catherine arrived she didn't see Jest. She looked around and still had no sight of him. She walked around in circles waiting for him. Continuing to run through the letter in her mind. Did she go to the wrong place? Was it the wrong day? The wrong time? She had memorized that letter and knew that she was supposed to be at Hatta's 10 at night.

Without a clue of what to do, Catherine started to walk home. In the distance she saw Jest running towards her in his Joker attire.

"So sorry I'm late Lady Catherine." He said out of breath. "For some reason the King was in the mood for bedtime jokes."
Cath felt her cheeks heat up when she heard her name. "You're making it seem as if he's a child, and you're a parent just trying to get their kid to bed."
Jest raised his eyebrows and pointed at Cath. "That's exactly how it is."

She laughed.

"You Lady Catherine." Jest said lightly grabbing Cath's hand. "Are such-

For a second she wondered why Jest had stopped talking, but then saw why, the Jabberwock was heading towards them in full speed. Without a word the two of them started running down the street. They kept looking for somewhere to hide, but for some reason the street didn't have any intersections. It was only a street with shops as an outside barrier. The two of them were trapped and the only way they could run was forward.

The street kept going and going, they got slower, and the Jabberwock got faster. Cath tripped. Slamming onto the ground.

"Catherine!" Jest yelled running back to her. He quickly pulled her up, and right as they were about to start running again, the Jabberwock got Jest. 

Cath woke up out of breath and terrified. Her dream was so vivid it seemed real. She knew she had to do something about the Jabberwock. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Authors Note: Sorry I've taken so long to write. I've been going through some things. I'll try to update as soon as I can. I'm not going to set any set days because I don't want to get your hopes up. But I will try to update soon! Also sorry this chapter isn't all that great.