~2~

Jesse pov

Steadily I stepped into the warm cafe. The smell of freshly baked goods warmed my body and I hummed in content. That is, until I remembered why I was in here. That man. I scanned the area and found him sitting in the back corner with black coffee and a blueberry scone. Before boldly heading over there, I looked around to see if anyone was uneasy about him. Surprisingly no body was and I decided to walk over.

I took each step slowly and carefully. For some reason I didn't want this man to know I was walking over to him. My hands became clammy and I had to rub them against my jeans to dry them off. I bit my lip hard out of nervousness, and I'm pretty sure I punctured the skin. I was two feet away from him and I felt as if I was going to vomit right there and then. But, he did something that surprised me.

"Jessica, please, have a seat." I stood frozen. A statue that was caught moving. My hands clenched into a fist probably leaving crescent moons on my palms. Unsteadily, I sat down watch every move he made. How did he know my actual name? "Do not be afraid. I'm not here to hurt you." What was this? Some mysterious syfy movie scene?

"How do you know my name? Why were you following me?" The questions flew out of me on their own accord. The man just chuckled silently before bringing his coffee up to his lips. Slowly, his fingers pushed the scone towards me.

"Loosen up darling. I have many things to tell you in such a short amount of time. So, eat and listen. Save questions for last." Now we're in a conference. This should be most definitely interesting. I just nodded, but fought the urge to pick up the scone. "Jessica-"

"Jesse. Please, I prefer Jesse." I shifted in my seat when I was they way his grey eyes glinted. He looked slightly hurt, but continued on with what he was saying.

"Jesse, you have grown up to be a beautiful young woman. What is if, five days until you're 16th birthday?" I gulped once again at the small amount of information he knew about me. I don't even know him. I slowly began to shuffle to the edge of the booth, and sadly he noticed. "Jessie stay and let me explain, please." I stopped and took a deep breath. His grey eyes pleaded with me, and for some reason I listened. He nodded as if he was saying thank you, and I nodded back. "As I was saying. You've grown up very well, I'm very proud of. If only Terri were here." Terri? My mom's name was Terri.

"Terri? Terri who?" My question seemed to distress him slightly. Now it was his turn to shift in his seat. My patience was now running thin and I wanted answers. "Terri who?" I asked again but this time with more harshness. He glanced at me and sighed.

"Terri Ashton. Yes, Jesse, she is your mother." My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. How dare he?! Whoever this man is, how dare he?! I stood up from the booth glaring at him with clenched fists.

"I don't know who the hell you are, but what I do know is that I never want to see you again." Anger coursed through as I turned and marched out of the Cafe. I heard his footsteps coming behind me, but I ignored them. I moved quickly towards the doors of the mall. Just as I was about to grab a handle, a hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Jesse, my name is Bennet Ashton and I am your father. Terri, your mother is very much al-"

My hand made a sharp contact with his cheek. His head was to the side and his jaw was clenched. I shook with anger and sadness. Tears streamed down my cheeks and my heart ached. I put my finger up pointing at him.

"You have no right. I don't know who you think you are, but my father is dead. My mother is dead. They both died in a brutal car accident. So, you can get the hell away from me before I call the authorities." I didn't give him the chance to reply or walk away, because I already booked it for my car. I struggled to wipe the tears away. Car horns blare at me as I suddenly ran in front of their view in the parking lot. I don't want to look back and I can't look back. Finally I made it to my beautiful car and locked myself inside, but that's when I fell apart.