~4~

Jesse pov

Wind rushed past my face as Mom ran through the woods. She dodged everything as if she's done this thousands of times. The smell of pine now filled me and I couldn't be happier. We've been running, well she's been running, for a good hour. Sweat was building up in Mom's fur and I was getting cold from the constant wind. Mom was about to turn around, but howls erupted from all around us. She skidded to a stop with her ears perked up.

"Mom, what's-" I could finished because she grabbed my sleeve and pulled me under her and put herself on top. "Mom-" she put more herself on me so I couldn't talk. What on Earth is going on? Suddenly I heard her growling and her body tensing. Normal predator animals do that when they're threatened. Something must be threatening mom. She kept her weight on me, shielding me from the danger that was now surrounding us.

Growls erupted around us making Mom growl as well. Fear trickled through me and I grasped Mom's fur like my life depended on it. Mom put more weight on me almost suffocating me, but I knew she was only protecting me.

"Shift." The voice surprised me. It was definitely a man and it was definitely the leader. Or shall I say, the Alpha. Mom didn't do as he said, and soon he said it again, but this time his voice was deeper and more authoritative. Mom hesitated, but eventually she did. Her body was bare to everyone, but she covered it by curling into a ball over me.

"I'm sorry, but he's an Alpha and I have to list-"

"Who's that under you little wolf?" The man was getting dangerously close now. His bots scruffed the ground as he walked closer and closer. Before he was about to take another step, Mom growled out. The man stopped and chuckled humorously. He ignored it though and continued his advance toward us. Mom growled again but he growled louder telling her to back down. "I would back down little wolf. You're outnumbered. Even though, you have Alpha blood coursing through your veins." He crouched down in front of his smirking. His eyes met mine and I gulped hard. Mom noticed and spoke up.

"We don't want any harm. I hadn't realized that I ran into a territory. Please, let us be and we will go back from where we came." Mom pleaded with the man. He just kept his hard eyes on me. Without warning he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me from under Mom. A scream ripped from my throats as I tried to grab for Mom.

"Who's this?" The man asked as he had me pushed down to the ground on my knees. Fear was a roaring fire inside me as people held Mom back. She didn't answer and this caused the man to grab my hair and pull my head back. As I was about to scream, a cold object was pressed up against my throat. "Who is she?" The man asked again and for the last time. Mom gulped hard.

"She's my daughter, Alpha Kyle. Please, leave her be." Mom was in tears and so was I. The man shoved me down on the ground. My knees scraped against the ground and Mom rushed forward towards me.

"I don't want to see you on my territory without permission ever again." His words held a threat that caused my bones to shiver. "Lets move out!" His order shook the trees, but the wolves obeyed his command and walked away from us. Mom held me tightly as I cried.

"We need to get you back home."

~~~

"Which Alpha?" Dad asked as we walked into the house. He knew? We just got home.

"Kyle." Dad growled menacingly and grabbed my face. He gave me a once over and nodded before going over to Mom after me. She waved him off, but he ignored and gave her a once over. "That man has no werewolf or human in his body. You," he pointed to me. "Stay far away from that man." I nodded and gulped as Dad looked at us worriedly.

"I should go." I mumbled and grabbed my things. If it weren't for me, my mom's safety wouldn't of been at stake. I should've just-

"Jesse, you need to stay." I shook my head.

"Aunt Mel is expecting me home." They both nodded with sadness. I gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Come back tomorrow night. Spend the night. You're going to shift, and Aunt Mel hasn't dealt with a wolf shifting in years." I nodded and the left the two of them in their beautiful home.

I know it's short, I just need something to start this story back up again. Bigger updates are to come.