~3~

(Terri^)

Jesse pov

My leg rapidly bounced under the table as I sipped from my coffee. On the way here, I couldn't believe what I was doing. Now that I'm here, I'm nervous as hell. There was no one in the cafe, except for me and the workers. I had a number of questions running in circles in my mind. I just wanted them to burst out.

"Jesse." My body jumped and I almost threw my coffee all over him. He put his hands out with a sheepish look on his face. "I didn't mean to frighten you." His words were sincere and I just nodded. He did the same and sat down across from me. "How are-"

"This isn't about me. This is about you. Remember, I ask the questions." I state sitting back in my seat. He nods looking down at his lap. "Who are you?" I ask right away. His grey eyes look up at me and I gulp.

"I told you. I'm Bennet Ashton, your father." His words pierce me hard. My fingers fumble in my bag trying to find the picture. I find it and pull it out. He watches me as I push the photo towards him.

"Is that you?" I ask and he grabs the photo. I'm expecting him to say yes, but I want him to say no. My father is dead.

"Yes, Jesse that is me." Right as he answers I shoot out another question.

"Who's in that photo?" A smile falls upon his lips.

"You, your brother Jay, your mother Terri, and me." His grey eyes pierced into me. I suddenly forgot all the questions I had in mind. I only had one question running through my mind. It wasn't even a question.

"Tell me what happened that night." He knew. I didn't have elaborate. I wanted to know how it's possible my parents are alive. He shifted in his seat and took a deep breath.

"We had been planning this for a few months. There were people after us, and we didn't want you guys getting hurt. Your mother and I knew the only way to do this was to fake our deaths. So, on the night we were going to plan this, you were at Aunt Melany's house. We told her what was going to happen. You thought we were going on a date night.

So, things were going smoothly. Just like how we planned. We had a candle lit and the oven gas was on. We secretly took a back way to a safe house, and let the house burn. The fire was so bad, just like we planned, that there could be no trace of our bodies. The people were off our trail and you and your brother was safe. That's all that mattered." He was done, but I wasn't. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that my parents would do this. Why? Who were after them. Why were they after them. I could hold back the tears. They slipped down my cheek, and they caused a pain expression to fall upon his face.

"Why? Who?" Once again, he knew what I was talking about. A deep sigh passes his lips and he runs his hands over his face.

"Jesse, what I'm about to tell you... it's going to be shocking. So, just don't say anything and just listen. You can leave at anytime you want, but you can't tell anyone." I nodded cautiously at his words. "Centuries ago, there was a war between to societies. Both completely different. One of beast and one of man. You must know though, that there was a third society, and they were the most powerful. Anyway, these two societies going to war. One society, the one of man, they was The Assassin's. The humans befriended them at one point, but not for long. After three decades, the humans banished them from their community. The Assassins lived in the dark and silence, but still lurked in the shadows.

"The beasts, were werewolves. They changed from I to werewolf, but they are powerful. Their speed is unknown to man and their size can overpower a lion. They have packs, and in those packs are one Alpha, Luna, and Beta. They are all bonded as one, and nothing can stop them if they fight together. Now, these two societies came to a disagreement. The son of the leader of The Assassin's broke a law of both societies. He had sexual relations with the daughter of the Alpha of the werewolves. A war broke out and millions upon millions died.