The Deserter

We decided to try and keep a low profile, since we were traveling through part of the Fire Nation, as we walked instead of flying. However I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being followed.

"This should give us a good idea of what's around here," said Katara getting my attention as we stopped at a message board.

"See if you can find a menu," said Sokka, "I'm starving."

"You're always starving," I sighed.

"I bet we can find something to eat here," said Aang as he pointed to a poster on the board, "The Fire Days Festival; Fire Nation Cultural Exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians. This would be a great place for me to study some real fire benders."

"You might want to rethink that," called Sokka from the other side of the board, "Look at this."

When we looked over by Sokka, a wanted poster of both myself and Aang were posted.

"Hey a poster of me!" cheered Aang.

"A WANTED poster," emphasised Sokka, "This is bad."

"Going into a crowded Fire Nation town would be a really bad idea now that they're looking for us," I said. Then I noticed a poster of the Blue Spirit, Zuko, "Zuko."

"I think we'd better keep moving," said Katara.

"That'll be best," I agreed.

"I have to learn firebending at some point," explained Aang, "And this could be my only chance to watch the masters up close."

After a moment Katara said, "I guess we could go check it out."

"What?!" exclaimed both Sokka and I.

"You want to walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired up with all their...you know...Fire!"

"What happened to keep moving?" I asked.

We'll wear disques and if it looks like trouble we'll leave," explained Katara.

"Yeah cause we always leave before we get into trouble," said Sokka as he joined Katara and Aang on their way to the Fire Nation town.

"This is going to end badly," I sighed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we approached the cliff hanging over the Fire Nation Town, we were starting to preparing for our visit. That's when Aang looked over to Appa and Momo, "You guys stay out of sight here, while we go to the festival."

Momo leaped off of Appa's horn and flew into a small bush to hide. Appa not wanting to draw attention decides to hide behind the same bush however, he was much too big and completely visible.

"I don't think that bush is going to do it," I thought.

"Ready disguises," said Aang, then Katara and Sokka lifted their hoods from the cloaks I had given them. I also used one of my own to cover myself. Aang then pulled the back of his shirt over his head, sort of covering his arrow.

"It's like you're a whole different person," said Sokka sarcastically as Katara laughed.

"Seriously? How is Momo the only smart one when it comes to hiding?" I thought face palming myself.

"Hikaru, do you have another cloak Aang could use?" Katara asked.

"Unfortunately not, but we might find some in town to hide him," I said, "Festivals like these usually have some kind of costumes."