Homecoming

After a few more days of traveling we were finally near the Northern Water Tribe. We had made a slight detour to the Northern Air Temple where we met a boy named Teo and his father. They were refuges that made the Air Temple there home. We had then discovered that Teo's father had been making weapons for the Fire Nation. After his father explained that he was only doing so to protect Teo, we decided to try and force the Fire Nation out. Thanks to Teo's Father and Sokka's Air Balloon invention we succeeded. Since then we've done nothing but fly over water.

"I'm not one to complain," said Sokka, "But can't Appa fly any higher?"

"I've got an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the north pole?" snapped Aang.

"I'd love to," said Sokka as knelt down, "Climb on everyone Sokka is ready for take off." Momo then leaped on Sokka's back, ready for him to fly.

"Look we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight," calmed Katara.

"And for what?" asked Sokka, "We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here."

"We should be getting close," I said, "You'll know it when you see it."

Suddenly the water around us reached out to catch us. As a wave appeared in front of us then turned to ice. Aang quickly steered Appa out of the way, but as he tried to get away another wave appeared. As it turned to ice, Appa lost his balance and came spinning down into the water. Where the ice began to freeze around us, trapping Appa in the water. As we tried to recover from our fall, about five boats appeared from behind glaciers.

"They're waterbenders!" said Katara, noticing the men on the boats bending the water so the boats could move, "We found the Water Tribe!"

"It's more like they found us," I corrected.

"Who goes there?" called one of the men.

"The Avatar and your brother and sister from the Southern Tribe," I said standing up in the saddle, "And an ally of the Northern Tribe."

"Hikaru?" asked the man, "By the Moon, it is you!"

"If it's not too much trouble could you guys escort us to the city, we're kind of anxious to get settled," I smiled.

"Of course," the man nodded as the ice around us thawed. The waterbenders then began escorting us to the Northern Water Tribe.

"I almost forgot you said you had trained in the Northern Water Tribe," said Katara.

"You said you trained for a 'bit' in the Northern Water Tribe," elaborated Sokka, "How long exactly is a 'bit'?"

"About five years, I left shortly after receiving my mark from Ice Dodging," I shrugged, "Most of the people got used to me being around, but I wouldn't say I was super popular."

"There it is!" cheered Aang pointing at a large wall with the Water Tribe symbol at the center.

"The Northern Water Tribe," said Katara in awe.

"We're finally here," said Sokka.

"Yeah, we are," I said as the waterbenders opened a path in the wall for us to swim through. As we entered the city, we noticed many waterbenders inside helping us through the many channels of the city.

"I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!" smiled Katara.

"We'll find a master to teach us no problem!" smiled Aang.

As we traveled through, my mind wandered, with the many memories I had of this place, with Hisho.

---------------------------------------------------------------