Take Me To Church

Heyyy guys!

I really hope that you enjoyed my last chapter. It's really really hard getting Christian's character down - but I try.

Also thank you so so much for reading, voting, commenting and telling your friends about this book (if you did and if not that's still fine😊👍)

Nowww let's get to it

👇

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

It was my lunch break and I was on my way up the stairs to meet up with Elliot to see the progress made on my apartment. I had stopped at Subway to get the men sandwiches and drinks.

"There she is." Elliot's boomed.

He was standing outside my apartment with outstretched arms reminding me so much of Jesse.

"Hi Elliot." I smiled.

He gave me a big bear hug and swung me in the air before letting me go.

"Come on. Let me show you around your apartment."

He gestured for me to go into the apartment first. I walked in and was assaulted by the strong smell of paint.

There were men working everywhere. I stepped over their equipment carefully on the uneven floor and looked around.

"Hello boys." I greeted cheerfully.

They all looked in my direction and gawked.

"Is there something wrong with me? Why are they looking at me like that?" I asked Elliot.

"They've just never seen a beautiful woman before." Elliot snickered.

I blushed but I doubt that anyone noticed being black and all.

"She is mighty fine." One spoke up.

"And she is way too good for you Kevin." Another piped up.

They all laughed.

"She also happens to be my brother's girlfriend so she is off limits." Elliot said.

They all oo'd and laughed at Kevin as they ribbed one another.

"I figured that you'd be hungry. So I brought some food for you." I lifted the bag but the room was completely bare save for their equipment that I didn't didn't know where to pit their food.

"Here let me take that." One of the men stepped up.

"Thanks." They all sang before moving to the corner of the room to have lunch. I noted that there were 10 men but I had bought 12subs.

"This one is yours." I said holding up another bag out to him.

My own sub was in the car so I wouldn't pass out at work.

"Thank you." He smiled taking the bag.

"As you can see we have taken out the tiles and the carpet." He said leading me around.

"So now we're painting all the rooms white first then the colours we agreed on." He explained.

"We've also replaced your ceiling and your pipes."

"I had damaged pipes?"

"Yeah, they were in really bad shape."

"Oh thank you Elliot." I smiled.

"No problem."

We walked into each of the rooms and everything was bare. The carpet was out like he said. The walk in was stripped too as well as the other rooms and bathrooms.