two ↠ sarah

The first day I met Jonathan Brandis, I flipped. It was those eyes... something in those dazzling, bright blue eyes.

His family had just moved into the neighbourhood and I had gone over to help them. I'd been in the van all of two minutes when his dad sent him off to help his mom. I could see he didn't wanna go, so I chased after him to see if we could play a little before he got trapped inside.

The next thing I know, he's holding my hand and looked right into my eyes. My heart stopped. Was this it? Would this be my first kiss? But then his mother came out.

He was so embarrassed - his cheeks turned completely red!

I went to bed that night thinking of the kiss that might have been. I mean, it was clear he had feelings for me, but he was just too shy to show them. My mother said boys were like that.

So I decided to help him out.
"Jonathan, you're here!"
I would give him plenty of opportunities to get over his shyness.

By the sixth grade, I'd learnt to control myself... then Sherry Stalls entered the picture.

Sherry Stalls was nothing but whiny, gossipy, back-stabbing flirt! All hair and no substance.

And there she was; holding hands with Jonathan - my Jonathan! The one who's walking around with my first kiss!

My solution was to ignore it. I knew a boy of Jonathan's caliber would eventually see her through a shallow conniver like Sherry Stalls. It took all of a week. They broke up at recess. She didn't take it well.

Now that Jonathan was out of Sherry's evil clutches, he started being nicer to me. He was so shy and so cute... and his hair smelt like watermelon! I couldn't get enough of it! I spent the whole year secretly sniffing watermelon and wondering whether I was ever gonna get my kiss.