Chapter 9

"So he's not coming?" Nino asked Marinette as she just called Adrien to come and hang out.

"No. Maybe we're meant to stay away from each other," Marinette sighed as she hated when his father's schedule didn't let Adrien have fun.

"There'll be other chances Marinette," Alya reassured.

Marinette sighed as she looked at her head, "That's what you said last time and the time before that." And after the kiss, I don't know what's going on.

Rose yelled out to Juleka's mother, "We're ready Captain! Uh... but Luka's missing.\

Anarka looked at Marinette with her sad face, "Marinette, right?

"Yes, ma'am... uh, Captain!" Marinette plasters a smile.

"Since you're free from your cleaning duties, could you go and tell Luka that we're waiting for him to start rehearsals?"

"Of course," Marinette responded as she went to go find him below deck. She finally found meditating in his room.

"Hey, Luka the groove...uh... the group's waiting for you," Marinette stutter as she entered.

"Hey," Luka chuckle got up as he observed her, "Is something the matter?"

"Uh, yeah," Marinette responded, "Everything is okay."

Luka gave her a reassuring smile, "Marinette that not true. Your melody is different..." He pickups the guitar to play it, "It seems you have something like this in your heart."

Marinette every strum of his guitar hit her heart. Every note representing her emotions which were love and confusion, "Adrien couldn't come." She said sadly.

Luka put his hand on her shoulder so she can look at him, "They're always next time."

"Time? It always seems there is never enough time," Marinette sighed as she looked away.

"Well I'll stop time for you," Luka says as Marinette looks up at him, " Just know that you don't have to do this alone. If you want to talk."

Marinette smiled as she nodded, "Thanks, Luka."

"I think we better go join the... groove, you said?"Luka chuckled

"Did I really say that? Oh, no." Marinette giggles as she followed him up onto the deck.

______________________

"Marinette are you seriously going  to act like nothing is wrong?" Tikki question as Marinette was working on her homework.

"Yes." She plainly responded trying to avoid Tikki's glares.

"Why? Your influencing this to go on!" Tikki tries to reason with her as she knows this whole thing is hurting her.

"Tikki I can't tell him the truth," Marinette explained.

"And lying to him is? This deception is going out of hand!" Tikki exclaimed.

"But I have to do this," Marinette mumbles as she continues sketching.

"Why? He already is your boyfriend, what's the point?"

"I know but something has to change. I rather do this than lose Adrien, he is my first love..." Mari starts to look at an old photo of her and Adrien. She pulls that frame toward her chest.

"Oh, Mari..." Tikki said feeling the same emotion as her.

"It felt like I was doing cartwheels. He became someone I was always dreaming of. My heart is set aflame and I was never the same."