fifteen

Jacob smiled happily. He had gotten Troye to talk a bit after all. Maybe they would even talk more during the movie. Jacob ached for a last bit of closeness between the both of them before Troye got away. He needed it. He needed this day to relax, to get his mind straight.

He didn't even know how much the dad would have to pay eventually. What was he called again... Sam.. Shaun? Yes, Shaun Mellet. He had seen the name in the tabloids often enough. He should know this.

Alright, he would have to get himself a laptop. Where could he take a laptop from for a few hours? "Hey Clint." A man looked up from where he sat down on a bench, smoking a cigarette. Inside, Jacob groaned. He hated the smell of cigarettes. Jacob took a deep gulp of fresh air before he came close enough to breathe in the cigarette smoke.

"What doya need, boss."

This made Jacob falter in his step. Right. He was the one in charge here.

Wait. He was the one in charge here?

"Arrange me a laptop as soon as you can, alright? With access to the internet of course." Clint looked at him. "Now, please." At this Curt got up, nodded, and threw his cigarette on the ground. He stepped on it and watched Jacob glare at him. Really? He couldn't walk that one extra step to throw it in the bin?

Curt scurried inside and Jacob took a deep breath again. Calm down. This was not what he came here for.

He walked to his car and unlocked it. Right. Movie snacks. There would have to be a sort of mini supermarket nearby, right? Maybe a tank station? Alright, movie snacks in general weren't the problem, but caramel popcorn though? He didn't think they would sell that in a regular tank station. Before Troye had suggested it he didn't even know there were other flavours than sweet and salty. At a loss for any other way to find it he took out his phone and opened google maps.

--

London

"You mean you have a visual?" Shaun said hopefully. "You mean you know where they are holding my boy?" The woman standing in front of him smiled. She was nice, she was. Charlene. That was her name. Yes, Charlene was nice.

"Yes, I believe we do Mr. Mellet. We have troops ready to engage as soon as they get word. We will get your son out today."

--

Italy

"Alright," Troye muttered to himself. "So when he comes back, you know he is nice but you are going to leave soon and you have to get a grip."

When Jacob suggested watching some movies and eating junk food Troye could already see them cuddling up and watching his favourite movie. He sighed. Ariel would have to wait, though. First he would have to talk to Jacob about what was going to happen after. Where would Jacob go? He wanted to make sure he didn't go with Curt again, not after all that had happened. Not after the way Curt treated Jacob, how he had been setting Jacob up for if this plan would go sideways - no.

Would they be able to see each other? Troye wondered. Would they? Would they be able to meet? He'd like that. He'd like it if he would be able to still see Jacob. Jacob made him feel safe. He had taken care of him, he had shown him sympathy. And it wasn't Jacob's fault that the both of them were here. They had both been dragged into this, both without actually wanting to be hear. Yes, perhaps Jacob had told him that it had been his idea, but that was only because he had been in love with Curt. It was a fucked up relationship they were in; Curt had manipulated Jacob into doing what he wanted, into believing they both cared for each other. They never did though. Well, Jacob had, but Curt had only cared for the fact that he had someone to do petty jobs. Someone desperate enough to do them and thankful enough not to ask for more. Troye sighed. He wanted Jacob to get back already. It had taken long enough.