Chapter 48

For the first time in quite awhile Molly woke up with her head against Sherlock's chest. She listened to the thumping of his heart as his fingers combed her hair. She smiled and looked up, noting that though the corners of his lips weren't curled upwards his eyes looked down at her, bright and loving.

She closed her eyes for a moment, pressing a kiss to his chest. That got his attention. "Good morning."

"Very good morning." She smirked.

A grin hinted his lips. "Mrs Hudson brought up some tea a couple minutes ago, if you'd like it."

She sighed, hiding her face in his chest, pulling the sheet tighter over them. "God, I just want to stay in bed. Never get up."

"Mmm." He kissed her hair and she let out a breath.

"I suppose we should drink it before it goes cold, though."

"Mmmm."

She propped herself up onto an elbow, then leaned down to press a gentle kiss to his lips. She ended up lingering there longer than she had planned. He pulled her down on top of him and she giggled against his lips before pulling back and raising a brow at him.

"We're just going to let the tea go cold, then?"

He shrugged, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's tea. We can make more."

"Hmm, you've got a point. "She kissed him again, but pulled away once his fingers tangled themselves in her hair. She laughed, shaking her head. "You know she'll stop bringing you morning tea if we don't drink it."

He sighed. "You've got a point."

Molly kissed him a third time before finally getting out of bed. As the air from the vent in the ceiling finally hit her she suddenly became aware of her lack of clothing and headed to Sherlock's chest-of-drawers, opening his shirt drawer and picking out her favourite of his shirts: a lovely aubergine oxford.

He raised a brow at her from where he still lay in bed. "What are you doing?"

"Tradition." She undid the top button and slid the shirt on over her head. By the time she had it on Sherlock was out of bed, wrapping his arms around her, still completely and utterly bare.

"Hardly seems necessary." His hands traveled from his stomach to her chest, unbuttoning the next two buttons.

She giggled as she broke free from his embrace, snatching his blue dressing gown from where it hung on the back of the door. She held it out to him and he snatched it with a light roll of his eyes.

He slid his arms into it, leaving it untied. "Again, hardly seems necessary."

Molly bit back her smile as she took his hand, leading him to the door. "Come on."

He led her to the sitting room and, just as Sherlock had said, there was a tray sat on the side table next to John's chair, and on it was two cups of tea and a tea pot. Molly picked up a cup and sipped it, grimacing as she fought the urge to spit it out. "Darling, this tea is cold. I thought she brought it up two minutes ago."

"Felt like two minutes." He shrugged, taking a sip from the other cup and scowling. "Must've been out for at least an hour. Maybe longer."

"You've been up for an hour?"

"Over an hour."

She set the cup back on the tray, then took his and put it back as well. "Why didn't you wake me up when she first brought it?"

He frowned. "I didn't want to get out of bed."

She couldn't help but smile as she shook her head and turned around, heading to the kitchen which wasn't a complete toxic waste dump for the first time in ages. Mrs Hudson must have taken their little 'vacation' as an opportunity to tidy up.