Chapter 36

Molly woke up with the sun shining through the windows and Sherlock’s arms around her. She stretched her arms in front of her, and Sherlock’s arms tightened slightly around her.

            “You’re awake.” He said.

            Molly smiled. “Yes I am.” She turned over to face him and said, “Did you sleep?”

            “For a few hours, yes.” He said. His eyes were still closed, and Molly pressed her forehead against his.

            “You should try to get some more.” Molly closed her eyes.

            Sherlock shook his head slightly. “I’m fine.”

            “Sherlock,” Molly said, “you can’t just go around without much sleep.”

            “Sure I can.”

            “No, you can’t.”

            “Molly, I’m fine.”

            Molly opened her eyes. “Then why haven’t you opened your eyes yet?”

            “Fair point.” Sherlock opened his eyes.

            An hour later, Molly had given up on trying to get him to sleep and made both herself and Sherlock some coffee. Sherlock reminded her of how he wanted it, and she responded with “I know, Sherlock.”

            After giving Sherlock his mug, she sat down on the sofa with him and turned on the telly. They sat in silence while they watched, and Molly eventually put her head on his shoulder.

            “Are we switching flats today?” She asked.

            “Yes.” Sherlock said, his eyes staying focused on the television. “John and Mary have agreed to let you stay in their spare bedroom for a couple of days.

            “Sherlock,” Molly said. “you do realize that Moran will expect us to either be at your flat, my flat, or John and Mary’s, right?”

            Sherlock sighed. “Yes, of course I do. It’s quite obvious, but until I can figure out a better plan, I am hoping that he won’t be able to guess the order in which we move.”

            Molly signed. “I’m sorry,” she said as she turned to face him, “I’m just scared, that’s all.”

            “As expected.” Sherlock said.

            Molly turned her head to him. “Sherlock?”

            “Hm?” He hummed, looking back at her.

            Molly thought for a second before asking, “Are you scared?”

            “No,” he said, “of course not.”

            There was a moment of silence. Then, Molly said, “Yes, you are.”

            He cocked his head at her, and she pressed a kiss to his lips. He cupped her face with one hand, and rested the other on the small of her back. She wrapped her arms around his neck as an attempt to get closer to him, and he hugged her tighter.  

            When Molly pulled away, she said, “And we will make it through this together, okay?”

            Sherlock said nothing, just moved a stray piece of hair out of Molly’s face. She knew he wouldn’t have responded, but she said it anyway. She wanted him to know that she would be there for him in anyway that she could.