Chapter 27

Molly awoke to a hard knocking at her door. She got out of her bed, pulled on her dressing robes, and walked to her door, opening it to find the landlord, dressed in his pyjamas and dressing robes, standing with his arms crossed over his chest. Two suited men stood behind him, their hands behind their backs as they stared at Molly.

            “Miss Hooper,” The landlord said. “These men have been ringing the door bell for ten minutes.”

            “Sorry, Mr Carter,” Molly said, running a hand through her messy hair. “I am a pretty deep sleeper sometimes.”

            “Clearly.” He turned and walked down the stairs.

            Molly looked the men up and down, frowning. “You two obviously work for Mycroft. What do you want?”

            The tallest of the men spoke up. “Miss Hooper, you will want to get dressed.”

            Molly crossed her arms. “Why?”

            “You have been requested.”

            “By whom?”

            “Mr Holmes, of course.”

            “Why?”

            “Miss Hooper,” The shorter one said. “Dress yourself.”

            Molly stared at them silently for a moment before she let out a frustrated sigh, rolling her eyes as she turned on her heels and began walking back to her bedroom. “Mycroft realizes that he can phone me, doesn’t he? It doesn’t seem like that would be very complicated.”

            Molly dressed herself in simple trousers and a white jumper. She met the men by the door and they took her down to the black car that they arrived in. Molly took a seat on the grey leather seats in the back of the car. Next to her sat a woman in a solid black dress. She held a Blackberry about a foot from her face and she was texting at the speed of light.

            “Um, hello.” Molly said, looking over at the woman.

She looked up. “Hi.” She returned to her phone, beginning to text once again.

            “My name is Molly.” Molly introduced.

            “Yes,” The woman’s gaze never left her phone. “I know.”

            “What’s your name?” Molly asked.

            “Um … Anthea.”

            “That isn’t your real name, is it?”

            “Nope.”

            Molly looked around the car. “Where am I going?”

            “You’ve been requested.” Anthea told her.

            “Yeah, I get that. Where am I going though?” Molly asked, and Anthea didn’t respond. “There was no point in asking, was there?”

            Anthea looked over at Molly, smiling. “Of course not.” She returned to her phone and Molly opened her mouth to say something else, but decided against it. Instead, she gazed out of the tinted window until the car slowed to a stop in front of a large brick house.

            The men opened the doors for Molly and Anthea. They led Molly to the door of the house. Mycroft was waiting in the vestibule, and with a nod of his head, the men and Anthea left.