Spoiling Lucy

Disclaimer in first chapter.

Sarah Jane wondered where the Doctor had vanished off to.  Harry was in his room, problebly reading or taking a shower. She made her way to the library, knowing that the TARDIS would alert her if Lucy woke up or grew fussy. Sarah Jane comed threw the books until she found the one she was looking for. Settling into a large chair by the large fireplace, she delved into the book.

"Sarah Jane?" Harry broke into the silence, "Are you in here?"

Sarah Jane looked up, she hadn't realized how long she had been reading. 

"Yes, Harry," She replied, "Over here."

The medic had his book tucked under his arm when he approached, "Lucy still asleep?"

Sarah Jane nodded,"The TARDIS will let me know when she wakes up or if she needs me. Have you seen the Doctor?" 

"I had actually assumed he would be with you and Lucy,"Harry admited. 

Sarah Jane shook her head,"No. I haven't seen him since he went into the belly of the TARDIS after I put Lucy down." 

Harry chuckled as he read the title of Sarah Jane's book.

"Not a word about it, Harry Sullivan," she warned.

"'Toddlers in Time Machines'?"  he snorted," You're going mumsy!"

"No I'm not!" Sarah Jane insisted, "But if Lucy's going to stay with us than we are all going to need to know how to take care of her."

Suddenly, Lucy's crys filled the room. Sarah Jane lept to her feet and darted from the room, leaving Harry laughing in the library. In her room, the young woman cradeled the sobbing baby.

"Hush, Lucy," she soothed," It's alright. It's alright." 

As Lucy began to calm down, Sarah Jane changed her nappy.

"Well,"Harry's voice broke in, "If she's going to stay here, Ol'Girl, than what is she going to call each of us? Hm?"

"Um..."Sarah Jane trailed," She'll problebly call the Doctor 'Doctor' like we do. You can be 'Uncle Harry', and I'll be...I suppose that makes me 'Mummy' doesn't it."

"You've gone mmuuummmsssyyy," Harry teased again.

Sarah Jane stuck her toung out at Harry before turning to Lucy, wide eyed, "Don't repeat that, Sweatheart."

Lucy whimpered as her stomach gurgled.

"Sounds like someone is hungry," Sarah Jane teased before she carried Lucy to the kitchen, oblivious to Harry's smerk. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

It was two days before they saw the Doctor again.

"Sarah?" The time lord wispered as he peaked into her room.

Sarah Jane sat on her bed, with Lucy in her lap, reading to the little girl," There you are. We were starting to worrie about you."

The Doctor grinned, " I was working on something. I'd like to show it to you."

"Can I put Lucy down, first?" Sarah Jane asked.

"Bring her along," the Doctor said, "Then you can put her down for a lie down."

Sarah Jane rolled her eyes, but got out of bed and followed him none the less. Harry met the trio in the hallway.

"There you are, Ol' Boy," Harry said, "Where are the three of you off to?"

"A surprise for Lucy," the Doctor admited.

He opened a door, next to Sarah Jane's, that hadden't been there before, and ushered his friends inside.

"Oh!" Sarah Jane gasped.

The room had the same whight walls as the other rooms but, it had a soft, orange carpets. A wooden dresser of drawers stood to one side and a changing station on top of it. A blue painted wooden cradle sat on a pedistal, lifting it to waist height. A blue and whight toy chest sat in the corner and a wooden rocking chair sat next to the cradel.

"Doctor! Did you make this?" Sarah Jane asked.

"The old girl made most the room," he insisted, "I just decorated it. That door connects it to your room, Sarah, and that one connects it to mine."

"Where did you get the cot, Doctor?" Harry asked.

"It was mine," the Doctor admited, "I thought I'd give it to Lucy. Do you like it, Sarah?"

"I LOVE it, Doctor," Sarah Jane said, "But, let's see how Lucy likes it."

She lay Lucy on the soft carpet and knelt next to the cradel. Lucy fussed for several seconds, before she rolled over onto her belly. The Doctor sat on the edge of the rocking chair and grinned as Lucy lifted herself up and woblingly crawled  toward Sarah Jane.

"Very good, Lucy!" Sarah Jane praised the baby," Your getting so strong! Can you tell the Doctor 'thank you'?"

Lucy waved at the Doctor for a moment before giggling. The Doctor responded in kind. Lifting the little girl into his arms.

"You're very welcome, Lucy," the Doctor said, kissing her midnight black curls.

Harry shook his head and retreated to his room where he grabbed his copy of Grey's Anatomy and sighed," Just how dim do they think I am?"

Bonus: photo of Lucy in her fadora and a gif.