Chapter 2

Their land was made up of males and females. Very rarely, a secondary gender develops within some people. These people are labeled either Alphas or Omegas. Meanwhile, everyone else are labeled as Betas.

Alphas are generally more skilled, better bodied, healthier and have a superior outlook than betas and omegas. They had an immense aura that made others submissive. All pure line royals were born alphas, including seungcheol.

On the other hand, omegas were even rarer than alphas. Omegas were said to be weaker than betas, are generally submissive, and are inexplicably beautiful. They are irresistible to betas and alphas alike. They may sometimes be treated poorly, specially in the more depressed areas.

And now, Seungcheol came face to face with one.

There was something in the air. He could smell it. Like flowers and fire at the same time. And he couldn't help but stare at the poor boy at the ground.

"BACK OFF"

Seungcheol was brought back by the whip of the other boy's stick to the air. The two boys were most probably friends, Seungcheol thought.

Despite the boys warnings, the thugs kept on creeping closer, spouting lecherous slurs one after the other. It made Seungcheol sick.

He really didn't want to get in trouble because of two random kids, but when the boy with the stick got kicked to the ground, Seungcheol steadily moved forward from the crowd.

"Stop." He said. Eyes glowering under the light of the moon.

Somehow, Seungcheol could sense it. None of these people were an alpha like him. That made him have a boost of confidence. Like he could take all of them at once and not get a scratch despite being a kid himself.

But with all his training, he was a bit more level headed than just going head first into a fight.

*Cling cling*

To the amazement of the onlookers and the thugs, Seungcheol threw out a bunch of coins to the ground. Silvers and golds. Only once in a blue moon could they see such an amount in the slums.

"Take it and leave." Seungcheol said. "Or else" he growled.

The thugs quickly scoured for the coins, while Seuncheol crouched down to the two kids.

"Hey, are you guys alright?" The boy with the stick looks like he was going to hit Seungcheol.

"Woah, before you hit me, I think we better go before those goons get back to their senses."

They somehow escaped with one of the boys limping. Seungcheol wonders if he got hit previously, but somehow can't take his eyes off him.

They made it to an abandoned alley, when one of the boy collapsed.

"Jisoo!!" The boy with the stick exclaims.

The Jisoo boy looks stricken with fever. Judging by his clothes, Seungcheol thought, the boy must be a servant of some sort. Meanwhile the loud boy with a stick, seemed more like a son of some nobleman.

"Jisoo!! Jisoo! Hang in there!!"

Seungcheol inches lower to Jisoo, trying slowly to feel if he has a fever. Before he could land his hand on the boy's forehead, he got slapped back.

"Don't you dare touch him!!"

"Wha-? Hey, I was just trying to be helpful! Your friend might be dying here and your screaming won't help--"

"Hannie-yah..." Jisoo spoke for the first time. "It's ok... You should go back to your house... Your parents must be waiting for you..."

"No!" The boy whipped his head "There is no way I'm leaving you out here!! Not when you're like this!!"

Seungcheol felt strange despite the trouble these two were in. He felt slightly giddy, and wanted to touch Jisoo really bad. The strange enticing smell never seemed to go away also. And he simply found himself moving his hand to Jisoo's forehead.

"A-aah!" Jisoo moaned.

Hannie quickly shoved Seungcheol off, "I told you not to get near him!!"

He was about to hit Seungcheol when a hand grabbed his shirt, "W-wait!! H-hannie, please"

Jisoo gulped, pleading, voice hoarse, "please, let him touch me."