author's note

yOOO I FINISHED MY FIRST MULTI-CHAPTER STORY, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

lol but anyway, i'd like to start off by thanking all of you for the continued support

lol but anyway, i'd like to start off by thanking all of you for the continued support. this story got to #11 in short story!! and i'm very grateful for that and for you all.

secondly, i know there were a bunch of you who expressed your distaste for the fact that kyra forgave darwin so easily, but please keep this in mind: you weren't there. more importantly, you weren't and still aren't her. her decisions are her own, not mine

and besides, if you're looking for a valid reason as to why she "ran back to him", it's because she obviously still had feelings for him. darwin broke up things with riley, spoke those words and used that charisma of his and bAM. you could probably argue that more time should've been spent between him separating from riley and that he's a manipulating dick but, once again, i'm not my characters. personally, me being the all-knowing author and shit, i don't think darwin is a bad person, despite being flawed.

also, darwin knew he liked kyra for a long time, but he didn't want to admit it to himself because he didn't think it was possible for his feelings to change so quickly. mY CHARACTERS ARE NOT PERFECT. this should be self-evident...there are people just like kyra and darwin in the world. but i feel that it's also necessary to say that if i was in kyra's position (not knowing what's going inside of darwin's head), i'd be like "lmao u had your chance darwin. my fine ass isn't gonna put up with ur shit," and then id cha cha slide the fuck outta there.

finally, i know that there's sort of a bunch of unanswered questions (i.e. does darwin ever get close to his mother again? why was aspen such a dick? how did riley feel about the breakup, and is she going to be like one of those cliché bitches who come back to fuck over the female she was ditched for?)

(that last one is an absolute no-no. riley has never done anything wrong in this book, and i find it really sad how some people dissed her taking this into consideration??)

i feel that it's best that the rest of these questions remain unanswered though so that there's room for your own imagination to run wild, ya know. bUT I WILL BE POSTING TWO BONUS CHAPTERS. one in darwin's pov and the other in aspen's.

but once again, thank you for almost 100k reads and for being amazing and making my day with all your comments

but once again, thank you for almost 100k reads and for being amazing and making my day with all your comments. i love you all.

uPDATE: I JUST REALIZED THERE WAS NEVER AN ACTUAL KISSING SCENE IN THIS BOOK AHAHHAHAHAH

-jassi