A New World

The boys awoke surrounded by masked faces. "Gods don't wear mask," Luke whispered slightly to Z who took in their surroundings. They were underground, a soil roof was above them, in some type of cellar. Z tried standing up, only to find chains keeping him from moving more than a foot. At the realization of their circumstances the boys rose their hands in a gesture of surrender only to cause a ruckus. Their captives pointed glossy black spears at them as they began shouting in their language. A loud shriek from somewhere above silenced them all.

Another masked figure jumped down towards, they wore a long feather robe in a galaxy of colors. It shrieked another command that made the hostile guards back up, it seemed to have control over the others. It reached up to take off its mask and the rest looked down, in fear the boys did so too. It turned out to be a woman in her mid-thirties, she walked calmly over to the boys confidently. She reached down to Z's face and lifted it to hers. At first he stiffened, but then relaxed as he looked into eyes of similarity to his own. "Are you..." he began before he got shushed by her finger. "My name is Psyche, the goddess of love," she replied. The boys looked at each other, "dude that's your mom" Luke replied quietly.

The boys were lead to another room far way from where they had originally been, and a lot nicer. They were pampered with fresh food, water, and clothes before dozing off to sleep once again. They woke to voices arguing somewhere down the hall, "I will not let them know!" They heard Psyche yell. "They have the right to, at least Zachary, your own son, shall I remind you does!" Replied a man. Luke and Z turned towards each other from their separate beds with wide eyes, "What do you think they're talking about?" Z asked. "I have no idea," Luke replied. "Good bye Erotes, nice knowing you you're still alive," Psyche said ending the argument. "Erotes! That's your dad!" Luke whispered to Z. In which Z only responded with a slight nod of his head. Before anything else could be said footsteps were heard approaching fast and they layed back down pretending to be asleep.