Betrayal

Stiles Stilinski leaned against the wall in Derek's loft, listening to the pack's conversation.

"I think we need to use the element of surprise," Scott said.

"That would be nice, if we knew where they are hiding," Derek answered.

"Maybe we could check that cave we found a few days ago," Lydia offered.

Half of the pack blurted out a response, but Stiles just stared. He knew he shouldn't be involved in this conversation, especially since he can't take part in the fight against their latest enemies.

He scanned everyone in the room; Scott, Derek, Liam, Malia, Lydia, and Kira. And him. But he didn't think he was helping much. All Stiles did all this time was stand in the corner, waiting.

He sighed deeply and forced himself to stop thinking that he was useless. He wasn't! He thought...

"No!" Derek suddenly yelled, which brought Stiles back to reality. "We can't do that."

"Do what?" Stiles asked from his spot. Everyone looked at him.

"Not now, Stiles," Scott said harshly, turning back to the conversation. Stiles fought off the urge to scream at the top of his lungs and beg them to include him in this.

At one point, he grabbed his stuff and left. On the way home, Stiles got a text from Scott. He took one look at it and scoffed.

Scott: sorry bro. We really need to figure out the deal with these guys. We can hang out tomorrow. See ya :)

Stiles didn't care anymore. It was getting so annoying, standing there all the time and not being able to help. He was so tired of it.

The Next Day ( Saturday )

Stiles was woken up by his phone. He groaned, yawned, and checked it. It was a message from Lydia.

Lydia: meet at Derek's loft. Quickly.

Stiles stared at the message for a little bit. Do I really want to sit through one of those meetings again? Really?

Lydia sounded like something was up, so Stiles quickly got dressed, brushed his teeth, and popped an Oreo cookie into his mouth.

He drove over to Derek's loft in 10 minutes. When Stiles went inside, there was no one there.

"Hello?" Stiles called. He heard talking in one of the rooms to his right, so he went to check it out. The door to the room was half closed, but through the crack, he could see Scott. Stiles smiled and was about to open the door when he heard his name being said by someone.

"He isn't helping! He's just complicating things! We always have to protect him and that's slowing us down!" Malia was saying. Stiles's heart dropped.

"He's our friend!" Scott argued.

"He's also a human. Scott, if we want to protect this town, then we can't have Stiles hanging around us anymore. You know that," Derek answered in a firm tone. Stiles was falling down an endless void.

These were his friends! How could they..? How could they do this?

"Maybe you're right," Scott said with a sigh. "Do we just...avoid him?"

"The less we see him, the better." Stiles was feeling so many different things at once. Anger. Sadness. Despair. But most of all, betrayal. He couldn't stand there and listen anymore.

"I didn't know I was such a pain," Stiles said as confidently as he could. He stepped into the room. Everyone gasped at his appearance. Stiles hoped that his feelings on the inside didn't show on the surface.

"Stiles, I-" Scott started, but Stiles cut him off.

"How long has his been going on? Is this some kind of club now? What's it called? 'Reasons Why Stiles is a Waste of Time'? What about your advertising? 'Come and join us! Everyone who thinks that Stiles is useless! All ages welcome!'" Stiles said sarcastically.

"Stiles, you don't unders-"

"Oh really? I think I understand perfectly well what's going on here." Everyone was dead silent. No one wanted to say anything. Stiles's eyes watered, but he fought the tears. "I thought you were my friends," he said in a shaky voice. "At least you, Scott." Scott looked more guilty than he has in his entire life. For some wicked reason, that pleased Stiles.

He turned to Lydia. "Why did you send me that message telling me to come here?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked, confused.

"Don't act like you don't know." When Lydia showed no signs of understanding, Stiles pulled out his phone and showed her the text message.

"I didn't send that! I swear, I-"

"I don't want to hear it. You're better off without me, anyways." Stiles ran out of the room. He heard his name being called out multiple times by various people but he didn't care. He drove all the way home, locked himself in his room, and buried his face in a pillow.