Chapter 1: How Do I Go On?

****Authors Note: Hellooo loverlies! Amy here! :) I just wanted to say Im extremely excited to be writing this and I really hope it succeeds. Make sure to tell me what you think in the comments. :) so, anyways enjoyyyy. Mwah, bye. -Amyy. P.S. This story is dedicated to BellaMarieSwanCullen who was my first fan and helped me with my questions. Go check her stories out. They're  amazing! Thanks. Bye :)

Chapter 1- How Do I Go On?

    The look in his eyes. The smell of whisky on his disgusting breath. His cruel, demeaning laugh. The memory of the ropes chafing my wrists. The tears sliding down my cheeks. And the glint of the deadly knife as he brings it down.

"Arianna, baby, wake up, honey. It's just a dream, sweetie. It's not real."

The sound of my mother's soothing voice brings a sense of relief. I open my eyes to see her and Mace standing above me, with matching looks of worry and grief in their eyes. I slowly sit up, acknowledging the sweat running down my back and the messed up sheets on my bed.

"I-I'm fine, Mom. Really. It was just the nightmare, again.", I manage to say. Seeing the doubt in my mom's eyes kills me. I know how much this hurts her, how seeing me so shaken up all the time worries her beyond relief. I want to get better, I want to forget that terrible night, but its impossible. Instead, I try to smile at my mother and my sister.

"Guys, don't worry about me. It's probably just the stress of a new high school getting to me." I lift my sheets of my trembling body and get up. Running my hands through my hair, I glance outside. The sun is shining, and I can hear kids chasing friends to school, laughing. It seems like a perfect September morning. I smile when I see Alexandria sitting on my windowsill. She winks at me, which makes me feel better. I turn to Mace and Mom.

"Alexandria's waiting for me. I need to get ready. It is the first day of school, after all."

The two exchange a familiar look. I sigh. Mom and Mace don't believe in Alexandria, but I know she's real. She's been with me ever since that monster ruined everything. She's 5 inches tall, has blackish-blue hair, and purple eyes. Elfish ears and wings make her look like a fairy, but she claims she's called a Nin. No one else can see her, but me. Nins only let themselves be seen to people of their choice. Finally, Mom gets up.

"She's right. School starts in 45 minutes and you girls are gonna be late if you don't hurry. Macy, come downstairs and help me with breakfast."

When Macy and Mom leave, I cross my room to my closet. Not even looking, I pull out my favorite pair of black ripped jeans, my black Converse, my white undershirt, and my red-and-black plaid button-up. It's not much, but I don't need a lot. People often tell me I'm beautiful, but it doesn't matter to me as much as it does to other girls. I'm 5"4 with waist long brown hair, emerald green eyes, plump pink lips, and a nice chest. My mom buys me all types of high-brand clothes, shoes, and accessories, but most of the time I donate it to homeless shelters. Alexandria hovers next to me as I dress. She giggles and I look over at her. She points to my mouth and I look at my mirror to see what she's laughing about. Dried drool is smeared on my cheek. Blushing, I hastily wipe it away and pull my hair into my ponytail. I look over to Alexandria for approval, and she gives me a thumbs up. I head downstairs, without putting on any makeup. Wearing makeup isn't really my thing. I usually apply a little mascara and a bit of blush, but those are the only things I use. As I step into the kitchen, I smell the delicious scent of my sister's special blueberry pancakes. I can't help but smile, as I know she prepared it just for me because it's my favorite food. Macy is wearing a white shirt tucked into a short blue Abercrombie skirt with red flowers and red heels. Her beautiful, blonde hair is cascaded over her shoulders and as she turns around, I see she's done her eyeliner so that it comes out onto the sides of her eye in a exquisite pattern. She's always creating new makeup looks and all the girls try to copy her, but no one manages to do them as well as she does. She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't worry. Everyone will love you, I'm sure.", she whispers into my ear.

Easy for her to say, I think to myself. Macy is always the most popular girl in school and East California High School is no different. We had only just moved here two months ago, and Mace already has plenty of friends coming over every day. I force a smile and say,"Yeah sure. Maybe."

"All you have to do is try a little harder to be friendlier and it'll be fi-"

"Don't, Mace. You know I'm not good with people. I'll try to make friends, but I'm not going to die if I don't.", I said. And it was true. I've never had any real friends but Macy. I didn't like the things that girls always liked. When I was 5, I didn't play with barbies, at age 12 I thought Justin Bieber was gross, and now I hated wearing heels, makeup, and all that shit that teenage girls obsess over. Macy sighed, but nodded. She knew how hard it was for me to trust people, so she never pushed me. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. My sister tried so hard to make me happy, but I always pushed her help away. I sat down at the table with Macy and ate my brekfast, followed by a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. A car honked outside and Mace got up.

"That must be Brittany", she said, leaning over to give me one last hug before she left. She smiled, and wished me good luck, then grabbed her purse, screamed bye to Mom, and ran out the door. I picked up my dishes and brought them over to the sink. In the living room, Mom was waiting for me.

"Ready?", she asked with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go."

She walked out the door to her Mercedes and got in the car. Alexandria drifted up and spoke in her sweet little voice.

"Go on, don't be scared." I looked back into the house one last time, sighed and headed to the car to go to my new school.

*****Authors Note: So what'd ya guys think? I know it feels a little slow but it's the first chappie. don't worry, a lot of things will be explained in the next 2 chapters. So if you liked it please comment saying so  and if you didnt like it comment and tell me what I should do to improve it. I love you guys and I hope you continue reading. The next chapter is going to be posted probably in a couple of days. So yea, bye chicas. <3 :)