Chapter 5- Time To Face The Pain

****Author's Note: Hey guys! I am so so so sorry that I didn't upload yesterday. I was just majorly tired and I left the chapter finished halfway. I didn't save it and my computer shut off so now its gone! :( But its fine because I made a whole new one. Its the same story line as the one that got deleted so its fine. Also, I'd like to thank you guys for reading, it means so much to me and I'm really glad you guys like it. I love reading your comments and feedback. Another thanks to @kimathy for making my AMAZING cover. Thank you. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Please comment, like, and fan for more. Thanks, love you guys. - Amy :*

Chapter 5- Time To Face The Pain

       I woke up in a brightly lit white room. Everything I could see was white; the chairs, the door, the walls, everything. I started to sit up, but a sharp pain in my back stopped me. I sighed and laid back down. Looking down at myself, I noticed I was wearing a hospital gown. The bed I was in was hard and the sheets were thin. I started to shiver. Trying to remember what had happened, I closed my eyes and lay my head on my pillow. The last thing I remember was seeing Macy walk into the hospital. After that, everything was black. I tried to look around to see if I could find a phone, or a button to summon the nurse, like I'd seen in movies. I twisted my torso to the left and squeaked. It hurt so much to move. There was nothing useful to the left and I was in too much pain to move again, so I stayed still, disappointed. I don't know how long I laid there. It might've been a couple minutes, but it felt like hours. the only thing I thought about while laying there was Mom and whether she had gotten better. Just as I had started to drift off, the door opened and in walked my sister, Macy, and my new friend, Emily. They were holding Starbucks coffee drinks and laughing. As soon as they saw me, they stopped abruptly. I stared at them, and they stared back. No one said a word. After about 2 minutes of silence, I decided to say something.

"Can you ask the nurses to move me to another room? preferably one that isn't all white.", I cracked a smile and sat up, despite the pain. I opened my arms, beckoning my sister to come. Macy broke out into the biggest, most beautiful smile I'd ever seen and ran up and tackled me.

"OWW!!!", I shrieked. She had hugged me so tight, the pain in my body increased by 10 times. She pulled back.

"Sorry, i'm sorry. It's just I was so worried and-", she started to ramble apologetically. I smiled and shook my head. My sister may be one of the most chic and poised girls in the world, but she could be such a geek some times.

"It's fine, Mace. really. I'm not the one you should be worried about.", I replied. I smiled again and then massaged my cheeks, because they had started to hurt. I then looked at Emily for the first time. She was standing at the edge of my bed, smiling. If I were in her place, I'd be embarassed to interrupt the family time, but she was so much more outgoing. I had only known her for a couple hours at most, and already I was glad to have her as a friend.

"You know, I've never really had a friend who was as wierd as you. I mean, your all over the place.", she joked. I laughed and she reached over to hug me, too.

"You can't just leave me to rot with Holly and her Barbies", she said to me and then turned to Macy, who had a hurt look on her face, and added,"No offense to you, your nothing like them." Normally, someone's opinion wouldn't matter to Macy, but this time I thought I saw a spark of happiness and excitement. Thats wierd, I thought to myself.As soon as the thought crossed my mind, the look disappeared, replaced with a look of smugness. All the laughter and happiness had bumped the burning question out of my mind for a while. I felt ashamed, forgetting Mom. I looked up and saw a rare sight. My sister and Emily were pushing each other back and forth, giggling. My sister was never one for violence, so this was a sight to see. They were having so much fun, they didn't notice me staring. I cleared my throat and they stopped. My sister's cheeks blazed red, for some reason. Emily was looking down at her feet. I was about to ask why they were asking so wierd, but was cut off by Macy.