Chapter 4- The Harsh Reality

****Author's Note: Hey, guys and gals. Sorry I haven't uploades ooner, but I had so much school work this week. Plus, my best friend performed in our yearly Talent Show and well, yea. Anyways, you didn't come here to hear about my life, you came to read, haha. I won't keep you much longer, I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. I've made some awesome new friends on here and I'm looking forward to making more. If you like my story, I'd love for you to keep reading it and comment on it. i love to hear your feedback. I'd love for you guys to advise my story to others, if you like it. If you don't like it, it's cool. I'll live. So without further ado, I present Chapter 4 of Dream With Your Eyes Open. -Amy

Chapter 4- The Harsh Reality

    "Miss Woods? Hi, this is the St. Rose Hospital calling. You are the daughter of  Regina Woods, correct? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your mother's in the hospital. She's suffered from a heart attack."

  The words I heard replayed in my mind over and over again, as I sat waiting for Macy in the lobby of St.Rose. I still couldn't believe that my mother, Regina Woods, known for her kind heart and her good looks, had a heart attack. My mom was one of the strongest people I knew and she was always in such a healthy condition. It's not possible that she could have collpased from a heart attack, she was in perfect shape. Unless she was hiding something from us, there was no possible way this could be true. Just then, Macy walked in. She was still wearing the same clothes, but her blonde hair looked frizzy and her makeup was smudged from tears. I ran up to her and we hugged. I hadn't cried yet, but standing in my sister's arms, reality hit me. Tears spilled down my cheeks and I quietly sobbed along with my sister, as we stood together.

"Shh..", she whispered in my ear,"She'll be okay, she'll be fine." Her voice somewhat comforted me, but I knew that she was just trying to make me feel better. I let go of her and wiped away my tears.

"It's time. The lady said we have to go sign our names up on the third floor. They'll give us any information as soon as possible." She nodded and reached for my hand. I squeezed her hand, and half-smiled. At least we have each other, I thought. I don't know what I would have done without Macy, but she was here right now and I had to focus on that. We walked up the stairs to the third floor. Macy reached for the door and we stepped into a bright-lit room that smelled like alcohol pads and surgical masks. In the middle of the room was a circular mahogany desk with women seated all around it. People were standing, talking to the women, and signing papers. 

"I'll go check us in.", she said and as I started to follow her, she stopped me.

"No, you go sit down over there.", she pointed to the plastic, blue chairs all around the room. She cut me off when I started to protest.

"A, your in shock. Your tired and you need to go sit down and rest." She was right, of course. I was tired and shocked, but so was Macy. I wanted to go with her, but I knew she would just keep arguing, so i went to one of the chairs in the corner of the room. A table next to the chair held a couple of outdated fashion magazines and a white vase with red flowers. Red was Mom's favorite color, I thought to myself. No, I corrected myself. Red IS Mom's favorite color. She's just resting now while the doctors worked on making her better, I tried to convince myself. I kept telling myself that until a part of me actually started to believe it. I had studied the heart in my old school. My teacher had said that when someone suffers from a heart attack, the chances of him/her falling into a coma increase. I prayed that didn't apply to my mom. She was healthy, after all. But then, why did she have a heart attack? Only sick people get those. My head started to hurt, from all my worrying. I laid back my head and closed my eyes. I had only started to doze off, when I felt Macy sit down next to me. I opened my eyes and immediately closed them, because the lights from the waiting room burned. I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and opened them again. This time I turned to look at Macy. She was sitting with her legs crossed, a Glamour magazine on her lap. She smiled at me and returned to her magazine.

"Any news?", I asked hopefully, only to be disappointed when she shook her head. I slouched back into my seat, but then decided to get a drink.

"I'll be right back, Mace. I want a drink. Want anything?", I asked. She shook her head, again, so I got up to walk down the hall to the vending machines I'd seen earlier. As I was walking down, I walked past a medical room with a glass window. Glancing into it, I saw a small, 8-year-old girl laying on the bed. She was sleeping, but her face was covered in bruises and a chunk of her hair was missing. My blood ran cold, as I remembered how years ago, I was just like her. I started to breathe heavily, as the images rushed towards me.

Sirens, blue and red lights. A lot of them. All of it so hazy. The blood coming from my head made it hard for me to focus.

I gasped for air. I hadn't recieved a flashback while awake in so long. I ran my hands through ym hair, shaking. I glanced back at the girl.

People. Crowds.

Mom. Macy. Tears.

The flashes were blinding. I looked at the girl, feeling terrified as I reminiscened the pain. For a second, she looked exactly like me. Looking closer, she started to transform into me. I screamed and screamed. His laugh echoed in my ears and the flashes of white became brighter and brighter. Suddenly, it all went dark.

****Author's Note: Woah. So, what'd you guys think?I'm pretty shocked myself. Haha. It's so sad about her mom, though. :( What did you think of the ending? I know I'm cruel. I'm sorry, but it had to happen. I hope this chapter wasn't too short. Next chapter will be coming up quicker. Probably, Tuesday or Wednesday because it's spring break and when I'm not with friends, I'm writing. haha. Yeah, so anyways, please comment telling me what you thought. Fan me and add this story to the library if you like my writing and want to read more. Thanks so much, love you all and thanks for the support. Mwah! :* <3 - Amy