Chapter 2- It Is What It Is

***Hey guysies and girlies! I am so excited to upload the next chapter. A few people liked the previous chappie so I guess that means Dream With Your Eyes Open is officially my first book. So okay this chapter is dedicated to @kittyheartscupcakes because she gave me lots and lots of helpful tips and is an amazing person!!! :) Oh and a big thanks to @BellaMarieSwanCullen for creating my new cover. Hope you guys enjoy. Mwah! :* :D - Amy

Chapter 2- It Is What It Is

Swinging my bag over my shoulder, I open the door of Mom's SUV and hop out. Looming out in front of me, East California High seems like a typical high school. Taking a deep breath, I wave to my mom and head towards the main entrance. Clustered around the courtyard are your typical cliques. The Geeks are clustered in one corner, pouring over a new computer system. The Goths are standing by the benches, exchanging black eyeliner and staring others down. The Preps are gathered by the door, smoothing down clothes and chatting about their maids. The Jocks are over by the bushes, arguing about some football game. And the Populars have formed a circle around a girl that looks vaguely like Macy. Looking closer, I realize it is Macy. She's talking her head off and flashing her brilliant smile every few seconds. I chuckle. Of course, Macy would be a Popular on the first day of school. I'm happy for her, I am, but for once I'm wishing I wasn't so alone. Alexandria flies over and I form a smile.

"At least your here for me, A.", I tell her. The bell rings and everyone runs to the door. I head over to the main office, a feeling of dread filling my stomach. Kids are yelling and hugging each other. Everyone's is running around, comparing schedules. It seems as if everyone knows everyone. Suddenly, someone shoves into me from behind, causing my backpack to fall and its contents spill.

"Ah, shit. I'm so sorry," I hear from behind. I turn around and see the most gorgeous guy I have ever laid eyes on. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He leans down and picks up all the books on the floor. He hands it back to me and smiles. Some other guy calls out and the boy turns his head.

"Hold on a sec!", he yells back and turns back to me, "I have to go, but I'm real sorry about that. See ya around." He smiles again and runs off towards his buddies. I quickly snap out of my faze and mentally smack myself.  It seemed like, for a second the boy had actually been paying attention to me. I know I was probably imagining it because he was a popular and I was.. Well.. I wasn't even sure what I was. Alexandria floats up to me and nudges me, as if to say hurry up, you have to go. I blink twice and look around for the main office. I don't see it anywhere and I'm too shy to ask anyone so I trudge down the hallway, praying that this is the right way. I turn the corner and am relieved to find a sign on a big, oak door saying,"Main Office". I push through the door, and find myself in a clean reception area. The lady at the desk glances up and smiles.

"You must be one of the new girls. Is it Macy?", she asks.

"Uh.. No. Th-that's my sister. I'm Arianna.", I mumble.

"Of course. Arianna. Well, the principal's right through that door if your ready.", she points at a door, identical to the one outside. I nod, stammer out a thank you, and head into the principal's office. I'm surprised to find an attractive-looking woman in a red skirt-and-shirt outfit. She looks up and I notice that she is in her late 20's and has blonde hair with highlights, blue eyes, and bow-shaped lips. She is wearing mascara, eyeliner, and bright red lipstick. She smiles warmly and gestures towards the empty seat across from her. I sit and wait for her to say something. She finishes writing something and speaks.

"Arianna. Hi. My name is Ms.Brooke, but you can call me Ms.B. We've been waiting for you and your sister. We're so excited to have you as part of the ECHS family." She pauses, glancing at the time, and continues."Since your new, I've assigned someone to show you around the school and help you get acquainted with your schedule." She hands over a piece of paper with a list of times and classes." In fact, he should've been here by now, but I-" Ms.Brooke is interrupted by someone bursting through the door.

"Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm late, I know. Sorry, it's just Holly asked me to walk her to class, and I-"

"Sit down, Mr.Baker. I don't need to hear what Ms.Davis and you have been doing, thank you. Anyways, Arianna, this is Jake. He will be showing you around. I believe it is time for you two to head out, anyways." I turn around in my seat and the first thought that comes to mind is, Oh shit!!!. Standing in front of me is the boy I bumped into earlier, smiling from ear to ear.

***Author's Note: Hey guys. Did you like it? Huh, did you? Haha. I know this wasn't that good of a chapter, but I had to get you acquainted to Jake and to the school. Btw, who do you think the girl he talks about, Holly, is? And what do you think of Jake so far? Speaking of, who do you think should play Arianna and Macy? I'm kinda leaning to Shenae Grimes who played Darcy in Degrassi a long time ago. What do you think? Anyways, leave your comments below telling me if you enjoyed it and if you didn't enjoy, tell me what i can do to make it better. The next chapter is going to be probably this weekend because I have a lot of work to do this week and I won't be home much. But thanks for reading, stay amazing. Bye, cuties!!! :D <3