Chapter Six- Maxon POV

Here is another chapter in Maxon's POV, so enjoy it. Sorry for not updating yesterday!

She loved me. America loved me. She said it, out loud, to me.

The only downside was I didn't really know how to react. Did I say it too and make a big fuss, or do I basically ignore it and carry on with the conversation? 

I chose the latter.

"But you don't deny that for part of out relationship you were lying to me?" I questioned.

America frowned. "Not lying, just... half-truths."

"Oh, much better," I said sarcastically.

"Can you just get it in your head, Maxon, that I don't love Aspen now? I love you."

This time I couldn't really ignore it, and I kissed her slowly. "And I love you."

She smiled, wrapping her arms around me. "Will we get married?" she asked suddenly.

"Yes," I replied. "But not for a while. Like I said, I want you to be comfortable."

I kissed her again, more passionately this time. All too soon I pulled away, but I knew I had a meeting.

"I've got to go, darling," I told her, and America nodded, the trace of a grin on her beautiful face.

I walked away, and when I looked back she was lying on her bed, an expression of utter bliss on her face.

Short but sweet! I was thinking that I would do the chapter in Kriss's POV, to show what she thought about her actions on Halloween and how she handling being an Eight. 

16AinswE