Epilogue

Dear Ahsoka,

It's been two and a half years since that day on Onderon. Two and a half years. It's really not that long in the grand scheme of things, but it's been the best two and a half years of my life. I just wish it could've been longer. There's so much I want to tell you, but I'm going to limit myself to only a page or two. I'll leave it in this notebook for you to find later on, along with all the letters you left for me.

First of all, you are beautiful. Not just in the physical sense, but on the inside as well. You're comfortable with who you are and all that you stand for. You inspire countless people, including myself, to see the best in themselves and work to their fullest potential. Considering all that you've been through alone, I'm surprised you're still sane. Somehow, you've stayed strong, and I admire that.

It still amazes me that you continue to choose me every day, despite my imperfections and pathetic screw-ups. You always have a way of putting my needs first, and I'd do anything in the galaxy for yours. I know I'd die if anything happened to you, but I respect you and trust you to risk your life for whatever cause you deem necessary. However far apart we may be fighting this war, I know you'll be thinking of me.

Thanks, I guess, for just being you. I'm proud of all the memories we've made together over the years and look forward to making more. I intend to tell you in person tonight at the Festival of Love Ball after performing a song I wrote about us. Here are some of the lyrics, should you want to refer back to them:

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

And then I'll step off the stage and into the sea of ball gowns and suits to find you. I'll pull a little velvet box from my pocket and kneel before you, my queen. I could say everything in this letter then, I suppose, but the song sums it up fairly well.

I love you, Ahsoka. There's really no other way to say it. Thank you for everything you are to me, and everything I know you'll be in the future.

Love always,
Lux

~

Dear Luxजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें