What? How? When?

*Alaina Smallwood*

             My father and mother sit across from me on the couch I am in shock from what I just heard, moving? Not just to a new house around here but, to Texas...a country state far from New York City.

*Flashback*

         I move my hair out of my face as I sit down in the very back of the school bus with my best friend Lexi, we are on the way home from our last day of school finally it came and it is all over. Not only is it our last day of school it's our last day of middle school, we are technically high school students now. It feels like hours before the bus brakes at our stop, so we rush out of the bus excited for our summer fun to begin which is when I knew exactly something was wrong. I looked to my left where I walk down to my apartment but, today my father's car is here which never happens he never takes me home from the bus stop. I slowly approach his grey truck he has had for 3 years now opening the door taking a seat in the back since my mother is in the front seat which is even more awkward then it already is.

   *Toni Smallwood*

      I look at my daughter get into the back seat she has a very confused facial expression as she puts her bag to the side. "Alaina we are going to get something from dunkin donuts then going to head home ok?" I ask her smiling even though I'm worried about the news I'm going to break to her today which I know is going to break her heart. The line at dunkin donuts is long but, we wait until it is our turn to go since we are just getting 3 coffees and a box of donuts. We walk up to the counter telling the woman our order and we quickly get it heading back to the car, Alaina opens the door for us still with that confused look on her face which I know why since I for once picked her up from the bus stop. Alaina and Alexis are getting out of the truck as I unlock the front door to our apartment that I pay close attention to it since we won't be in this place much longer.

*Alexis Smallwood*

We all sit on the couch with our food, we are quiet for a while Alaina starts to get bored so she stands up. Toni tells her to sit back down that we have something important to tell her and she needs to know ahead of time. She looked at us weirdly as she sat back down on the couch getting on her phone waiting for us to say something. It takes some time for us to get the nerve to say something since it is also upsetting us as much as it is going to make her upset. "Alaina..you father's job gave him an offer he can't pass down it will bring in a lot more money then we are bringing in now" I start to explain to her hoping that she will catch on to what I'm trying to say. "Um okay..so congrats dad on the promotion why is this so important? I'm happy of course but, I'm confused on why this is a whole big thing" she asks curiously. " um honey..I know this may seem unreal but, they offered him a job transfer..." I say nervously as I see her mouth drop in shock " it's just in a different city in New York right?" She asked with a worried tone of voice. I shake my head at her " sweetheart..it's in Texas..." I say then she freezes up looking at us like we just told her we are having another baby.