Chapter eight

Chapter eight:

I feel something licking my cheek and bolt upright opening my eyes. I quickly closed them when I realised the sun was so bright! I whine and move blindly into the shade of the tree using my other senses for guidance.

Opening my eyes I realise the thing licking me was my mate. I move away and move into a defensive stance and I growl loudly. It rips through the air. He stands there just watching me. After realising he wasn't going to make a move I turn around and bolt through the trees.

I had lost my scent a while ago and I wasn't quite sure I was going in the right direction. I pass the same tree every five minutes. Growling in frustration I walk back the other way retracing my steps to find that they do indeed go in a circle.

I smell the rain coming and sensed it was about 180km away. My paws thudded on the ground, I really didn't want to be out in the rain. A wolf bursts through the trees. I get ready to attack but drop my stance when realising it was my mate.

The starts to shift in front of me and I turn around. I'm sure I would be blushing if wolves could blush. "I'm decent".

His voice sounds like a melody. I turn around and see he hasn't got a shirt on. Of course he hasn't I think. They only have pants hidden in the trees. A bit of an annoyance for the girls of course. But there are a few here and there. Obviously not here.

 "Look I'm just going to say it. I'm sorry. It was a real jerk move. And I shouldn't have. I don't care if you haste me forever but I can't live without you. Its killing me each time you take a step further away", his eyes sparkled when he said that confirming he was telling the truth.

I didn't buy it. No person should set someone's house of fire because they embarrassed them. Especially if they are your mate. I didn't care about his pathetic excuses. I didn't care about him. My heart panged when I thought that.

"Anyway. Please forgive me. I need you by my side. The way you act. Your boyish features, how hilarious you are, the master of pranks", he says smirking.

Hey maybe this guy isn't so... NO! I can not think the thoughts he wants me to think. He is EVIL, BAD AND COULD HAVE BEEN A MURDERER!!! What if we were in the house. He probably checked. Then again he didn't know I was his mate then. I'm sure he would have been fine with me dying.

"Seriously Vanessa. Your perfect. Please forgive me"?

I should my head angrily. How dare he apologise and think he can make it better. I turn around and stalk off into the woods. "Wrong way", he says. I turn around and give him a glare following where he was pointing. My glare said, I knew that.

Of course I knew that. I knew where I was going. "My names Ryan by the way".

I walk off not looking back. Ryan huh. Its rolls smoothly off my wolf tongue even though it doesn't come out as anything more than a quiet growl. Ryan its so... perfect. I did NOT just think that. What have I become. A love sick puppy?

NEVER. I am a wolf! A proud fighter warrior wolf I can survive anything. I was trying to tell myself that. Convincing myself that I was invincible. But there was a reality against what I said. One no one is invincible. And two, I can not survive love...

I eventually made it home. My brothers worried sick and Dad thinking I had gone off with my mate. Of course I wasn't going to admit I was with him. I'd be teased by my dear brothers for years. We don't let things go when we can use them against each other.