Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen:

I can't believe it but my brother actually convinced me to go to the movies when all I felt like doing was sulking in my room. My awesomely stylish room. Which is fair enough since I haven't been here for a year!

The only problem was when we got to the movies who did I see? You guessed it. Ryan. So typical. And what's worse I stayed out of sight and there were a dozen movies playing and he had to choose the one we were seeing.

Zompires Revenge of the Earth. Believe me it was better than it sounded. Anyway and it just so happens he had the seat right next to me. I tried switching seats woith all of my brothers. But of course I wouldn't be complaining if one of them agreed.

"This is so not cool", I hissed at Ryan.

"What do you mean. Just a coincidence right"?

"Haha very funny. My brothers obviously set this up".

"Then hiss at them will you"?

"No"!

"Okay then but I'm trying to watch this".

"Stop doing that"!

"What"?!

"Having comebacks, being rude, this is no way to win me back".

"Your right and I'm sorry. We can make this work right. Just a coincidence. And as friends".

"Not friends acquaintances".

"Right".

I give him a sideways glare and focus on the movie. I must have been so caught up in trying to think of a worthy comeback for every word he said I didn't notice that my brothers ditched. What nice brother I have, note a whole lot of sarcasm there.

I must have drifted off. When I woke up from the two and a half hour long movie I was leaning against something firm and warm. Seat. Uh no... Wish it was but unfortunately fate doesn't work that way...

I wake up and sit up straight startled. Had I just been... Leaning on him? Nope. Not possible. I see the credits flash on the screen and jump out of my seat as fast as possible. But of course fate has always been mean to me.

I trip over near the door only to fall into his arms. This is so cliché. I scowl and walk off. Not running more like a, I'm fast walking away from a crazy man who chases anything that runs away from it and kills it kind of pace.

Which is really ironic cause that's what I'm doing. The sun had been swallowed by the sky an hour ago and not seeing our car in the street or the lot I decide my only choice was to walk home.

I head into the woods seeing as it would be faster. Its about 8:30. I decide I have time to do my old obstacle course. Much better than the one in Spring Field because these supplies weren't stolen or sneaked.

I shift mid run and sprint leaping at the targets and clawing the trees. I leap and grab a branch running across the treetops. I know wolves can't climb. Well most. For us its a weakness. A very big weakness so the pack worked hard to make it a strength.

I jump down getting slight ground shock from the impact. I continue running fighting off brambles and fake dummies in the trees, on the ground and submerged in the river. I leap off a small cliff and over a river. I make my way over quicksand. Not real quick sand but fake. Except its exactly the same. You fall in you get sucked in and drown in sand I guess.