「 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 」

"here's the last of the notes you missed, by the way," rosé said with a smile. "if you were meeting with the chairman, i'm sure our professor would have gotten hold of that from the office and marked you present."

"thanks!" lisa said cheerfully.

jisoo and rosé were standing at the entrance, getting ready to leave. jennie was in her car, waiting for them as well.

"by the way," rosé started as jisoo began to walk towards their ride, "i don't know if i'm the right person to say this to you but, jisoo... she's right, you know.

"what do you mean by that?" lisa asked, tilting her head to the side.

rosé grabbed both lisa's hand gently. "about jeon jungkook. he and his group of guys aren't good to be around with," she said, a look of worry glinted in her eyes. "if he ever comes to you, remember to act with caution."

and with that, rosé walked away after saying their goodbyes.

with a final wave to jennie, who honked her horn to lisa, she walked to the front desk of the condo.

"minyoung," she said to the woman at the desk. "call for irene."

minyoung nodded silently before picking up the telephone to call for her while lisa took a seat in the waiting room, making herself comfortable.

it was only after a few minutes later that a woman appeared from the elevator, wearing tight, black jeans with a white top that couldn't properly cover her thin waist. her perfectly brown long hair flowed down below her shoulders as she carried herself elegantly towards lisa.

"oh, you're here," lisa said with a smile while the girl in front of her took a seat in front of her. "irene, do you have any past documents about the jeon family, more specifically about jungkook?"

irene looked around carefully before responding. "i admire your ability to approach people with your unbelievably angel-like personality, lisa, but you do know i can't provide you with any of that information, right? your mother made it clear to me that touching any file of the jeons is prohibited."

frowning slightly, the blond sighed. "i just don't get it," she spoke, "why is everyone telling me to steer clear of him? is he that bad of a person?"

"yet why do you continue to talk to him despite your friends telling you not to?" irene asked.

"because apparently we—" lisa stopped in ger tracks and looked at irene up and down. "don't tell me you've been following after me again," she grumbled, crossing her arms.

"sorry, lisa. it's my job to be following after you this closely. your mother asked us to take you in during your stay in korea, and since we've been business partners for more than a century, we obviously couldn't say no," irene calmly said.

the blond sighed. "does this mean you know what happened while i was in the office?" she asked.

irene nodded. "mrs. manoban had already told us that this would happen... though, it really is a funny coincidence," she quietly chuckled, her red lips forming into a smile.

"what is?"

irene shrugged. "this is your first time meeting jeon jungkook? a day after you've transferred?"