III

III

The start of the full week of your trip finally arrived. And even though you were leaving with high anxieties filling your heart, Hoseok was always there to give support and comfort through his warm smile.

You left for the neighbouring city by a small plane, provided by his company. All through the short hour of the flight, Hoseok had kept his hand holding yours, stroking his thumb on your skin to calm your nerves and help you enjoy the ride. You were grateful for his attention, not knowing the long torture he later planned for you.

You had seven days to spend with him, and you would think that he—or, well, most likely either one of you—would try to steal any chances you could get to be alone together. Yet nothing happened.

For the full week, the days were filled with longs hours of working on paperworks, visiting the project and keeping up with the progress before the opening day, and he would end the day by sending you back to your room, without any kiss of goodnight. He had never even bothered to try to flirt as he used to back at the main office. At most, he had been treating you as how an employer would to a client, and nothing more.

And as much as you would hate to admit it, it was starting to kill you inside.

When at first you kept trying to think of ways to refuse him if he had ever tried to make a move, now all you wanted was for him to actually make one. You started longing for his touch, even if it was just a light brush. Sometimes, you wished for the day to last as you wanted to be with him longer instead of being alone in your hotel room. Yet never once did Hoseok make the slightest move on you, which only made you think that it might be over.