The Truth Behind Red

Disclaimer: I still don't own Harry Potter. This should be the last chapter where I'm taking words out of the book, but the one line I do will be in bold.

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

Parseltongue

Chapter Four: The Truth Behind Red

At ten o'clock on September, Harry Potter woke up and packed away his remaining items into his newly-bought trunk. He put all his books in the library compartment, he put all his clothes and an extendable wardrobe, and the rest of his items into the smallest of the other three compartments, which was what the the interior of his trunk would be if it weren't for magic.

His bag glided behind him, as if it had nothing in it. And Harry was, once again, reminded of how much easier magic made these simple tasks. 'Oh, the delights of magic,' thought Harry.

After he thanked Tom, he exited the Leaky Cauldron and walked into muggle London. He walked down the street until he reached an empty alley. He turned his head to both sides, as a one would do before crossing the street, and when he was sure no one was watching, he pulled out his wand and called the Knight Bus.

In less than a moment, the Knight Bus flew in front of Harry, as his face met Stanley Shunpike's.

"Wha' ch'our name?" asked Stan.

"James. James Evans." Harry replied, knowing he wasn't going to be under any suspicion this time as he had a glamour applied to make him look like he had short, brown hair, and black eyes.

"Where you goin'?" asked Stan.

"King's Cross Station Please," Harry replied.

"That'll be eleven Sickles, but for firteen you get 'ot chocolate, and for fifteen you get an 'ot water bottle an' a toofbrush in the color of your choice."

"I'll just take the regular ride, please," Harry said while fishing out eleven Sickles out of the pouch of money he carried by his side.

Since he took the bus during the day, so he found a multitude of multicolored chairs scattered around the bus instead of the row of beds he had found on his first trip. How this was safe, he had no idea. He knew their was a higher chance of him joining Voldemort than this bus passing any non-magical security test.

He picked a hot pink chair which was placed towards the back of the bus, the only one near to only metal handle attached to the very back of the bus. He barely had any time to sit before the bus lurched forward with all the chairs including his. He had grabbed onto the handle, but quickly let go as his arm felt like it was being torn off.

The other passenger, a woman who was sitting on a chair students would sit on in a non-magical high school, Harry recognized from when he, Hermione, and Ron stole the horcrux from Umbridge. In fact, it was the same muggleborn woman who was on trial and had kissed Ron afterwards, much to his chagrin.

When the bus arrived at King's Cross Station, which wasn't that long due to the bus driver, Ernie's reckless driving, the woman was still on her chair looking like she was about to throw up.

"Next stop, 'ogsmeade!" shouted Stan as Harry left the bus.

As Harry took his trunk in one hand and Hedwig's cage in another and walked into the station. He received many odd looks for walking around with an owl, especially a snowy-white one, and decided to try to find a better way of concealing Hedwig.

He walked into a bathroom at the station and removed his glamour. After a few minutes, when he thought the majority of the people who saw him had gone away, he exited the bathroom with his trunk in his left hand, and Hedwig in his right.