My Life My Choice - 4

Two Days Later :
Maheswari ladies are running here and there making preparations for today's special occasion as today Annapurna Maheswari's elder sister Anandi Goenka along with her In laws are coming to Maheswari house as they have decided to fix Laksh's marriage with Anandi's sister in law's daughter Supriya Birla.

Anandi Goenka and Annapurna Maheswari are the only daughters in their whole family so bond between the sisters were very close and intimate. Annapurna is 9 years younger than Anandi, thus more than sisters they are like a mother and daughter pair. Annapurna respects Anandi very much, so does the whole Maheswari family.

Anandi Goenka became widow very soon as her husband Pratap Goenka died after 15 months of their marriage. Anandi's in laws are very good and they never let her feel alone in that house. Everyone thought Anandi would be thrown out of her house due to her bad luck as for society if your husband dies only after few months of your marriage then it must be due to your bad luck, but Anandi's mother in law Kusum Devi accepted as her own daughter. Kusum devi was a widow too at that time so she knew the pain of living alone. Though Kusum Devi used to follow the strict rules of patriarchal society still she was a kind lady who understood how painful it would be to live all her life alone without any true happiness for Anandi and thus she trained Anandi herself and made her the head of the family. After Kusum Devi's death everyone from Anandi's family followed Anandi's teaching without any questions because they believe their Badi bhabhi is never wrong.

Anandi's Devi's family consists of fifteen members altogether. Anandi's brother in law Pramod Goenka and his wife Sulochna Goenka have two sons Pratik and Prabhas who are married to Puja and Anchal Goenka respectively. Then comes Anandi's sister in law Pratibha Birla. Pratibha is married to Samartha Birla and has only one daughter Supriya Birla. Samarth's had a elder brother named Shivaji Birla, who died because of heart attack few years back and after that Shivaji's widow wife Nirmala and Anandi's friendship become more intimate due to their common loss and sadness. Samrat and Nirav are Nirmala Birla's sons and married to Bhumika and Ujjwala Birla respectively.

Both Goenka and Birla families are very close so when Anandi asked Supriya's hand for Laksh Birlas agreed instantly as they have full faith in Anandi's decision. Actually Parineeta's father Mr. Purushottam Bansal is Anandi's brother in law, Pramod's business partner and from Bansal's they have heard many good things about Adarsh so Anandi believes and Laksh too will be same like his brother. Although Annapurna and Anandi is very close but after Adarsh and Laksh became big they have never spend much time in their masi's house and Annapurna always praises her sons in front of everyone so Anandi actually doesn't know many things about Laksh such as his habit of drinking or that he hasn't cleared his last exam or about his equation with Swara or Ragini. Anandi Goenka believes that her sister must have brought up her sons in the same way they themselves were brought up by their parents with proper discipline and sense of responsibility. Although Adarsh, Sanskar and Uttara's upbringing were done like this but Laksh was always pampered beyond limit by both Annapurna and Sujata. Sometimes it happens, sometimes one child became most favorite of the house without any specific reason so is the matter with Laksh. Whenever Laksh used to do mistakes Annapurna used to cover it up thinking him to be a child which never stooped even after he grew up. Thus Anandi and her family doesn't really know who and what Laksh Mahaswari is.

Well coming back to story, every preparation for welcoming Goenkas and Birlas is done and it is strictly told to everyone by Annapurna that no one will talk about Swara in front of the guest.

Sanskaar is watching everything and also planning his next move. Well he still has the edited video footage of Swara's birthday night where he had forced Swara and Laksh to almost kiss each other. Although he had decided not use Swara but he never said he would not use that video. But this time he will blur Swara's face as he doesn't want to involve Swara in it and get into any mess as handling Swara will be another headache.

The Goenkas and Birlas have reached Maheswari house and are welcomed very warmly. Anandi and Annapurna are very happy to meet each other after almost a year. Sujata is also very happy as she never had a elder sister but after her marriage she received the love of a elder sister from both Anandi and Annapurna.

Anandi - it's been so long that I have seen you Anu, oh you have no idea that how much I missed you.
    Saying this Anandi embraced Annapurna. Along with Annapurna she also pulled Sujata into the hug as she has noticed Sujata's fallen face due to being ignored by the two sister. Sometimes Sujata can really became a child.

One by one they all met and greeted each other except for Laksh. Nirmala Devi asked about Laksh when suddenly they heard Laksh drunk voice from the door and along with Laksh, Ragini too was standing there supporting Laksh by her shoulder.

Everyone is shocked by this and before anyone could say anything Ragini started her drama.

Ragini - sorry Aunty I was going home from market where I saw Laksh in this condition. So I thought to drop him home.

Till now Adarsh has made Laksh sit on the sofa and was looking at him very irritatingly. Durga Prasad is very angry on his son where as others are very tensed. All these small details were noted down by Anandi and Nirmala and they both exchange looks with each other which says that they have to think about the marriage proposal again whether to continue it or cancel it. Their eye talks is interrupted by Ragini who again started her crocodile tears.

Ragini - I'm really sorry aunty it's all my fault. Laksh loves Swara and if I could have convinced her to marry him he would not have to undergo such heart break. Swara is my sister and I thought that she too loves him but the way she insulted him just because he couldn't clear his graduation last time a sometimes drink alcohol. I'm really sorry for that aunty.

Saying this Ragini went from there as her job is done. As she has clearly informed Goenkas and Birlas about Laksh's minuses points. Ragini doesn't know that Anandi is Annapurna's sister she only knows that one family has come to fix their daughter's marriage with Laksh and as to how does she know it well she has bribed one of the servant of Maheswari house to leak information about everything related to Laksh. She was afraid that Sanskaar would ditch her as she too would do the same if need, so she made her own preparation . After all they both are same who have betrayed their own family for their selfish motives.

Goenkas and Birlas are shocked by all these whereas Supriya Birla is convinced that she won't marry this man at all.

Precape : Supriya Birla : are you not happy Annapurna aunty that your elder sister is still alive?

Annapurna : why would you say something like this Supriya?

Supriya Birla : because your words doesn't show the gratitude you should have for the person because of whom you elder sister is alive today.