Chapter 13

Numerous gasps and whispers circulated in the shocked and scared crowd as everybody gathered stared at the man in weird clothing. The people who were near him immediately moved away in fear after seeing what the black haired man did to the crane hermit. However, the saiyan didn't care for their mindless chatter, he crossed his strong arms and focused on the two fighters in the ring. Now that there were no obstacles to hinder the fight, Bardock could finally see the true extent of the earthling's strength and how will his son handle or finish it.

Meanwhile, on the ring, Tienshinhan was still staring with eyes wide open at the man who easily dealt with his master. A drop of sweat fell from his forehead as he continued staring at the man in the crowd. He could feel and even see the hidden powerful aura behind that man who did him a favor. Tienshinhan took a glance from the man to Goku and saw the strong and unmistakable resemblance between the two. Only a fool wouldn't be able to put two and two together, but Tienshinhan knew it wasn't the time for that. He was now on his own and he was sure to win the tournament.

"I've betrayed my master..." spoke Tienshinhan as he slowly turned to face Goku who curiously raised an eyebrow. The taller fighter closed both hands into fists and continued his speech. "but yet somehow I feel free. It's no longer a matter of taking revenge or our school's rivalry! I'll devote everything on fighting you to win this match, rather than fighting to... kill you!" concluded the three-eyed man as he closed his eyes and for the first time in a very long time felt relaxed.

A genuine smile appeared on Goku's soft face as he watched his opponent. "Heh, you've become a nice guy." commented the small boy with a monkey tail which swayed behind its back.

Tienshinhan didn't say a word back and for a moment just shifted his eyes toward the ground. In the crowd, Master Roshi smiled and released a small laugh. The old man was glad that the young man finally realized and chosen the right path to take. A path that would open many doors for Tienshinhan and his inner potential as a fighter and a person as well.

He raised his head and loudly yelled at his opponent. "Now that this happened, I absolutely cannot lose this match!" declared Tienshinhan who was determined to win this tournament. "Prepare yourself! This next attack will settle things for sure!" the moment those words left his mouth, the bald fighter spread his arms wide while Goku instantly shifted into a fighting stance.

His whole body started to shake. A lot of veins surfaced on Tienshinhan's muscular body while he gritted hard with his teeth. His face which was covered with sweat was slowly turning red and everyone just stared at the fighter wondering what he was up to. He moved his arms closer when suddenly he unleashed a yell. From the moment he yelled, something strange was going on with his back. Everybody in the crowd, even master Roshi were shocked when Tienshinhan grew extra hands on his back.

"H-Hands!?" muttered Krillin shockingly as he with eyes wide open stared at Tienshinhan.

Not even Goku was prepared for this. "W-Wow! Y-You grew hands!" exclaimed the messy haired saiyan with a shaking voice caused by Tienshinhan's surprising ability.

"T-This is incredible! Contestant Tienshinhan somehow increased his arms to four! Unbelievable!" spoke the announcer with a high voice into his microphone while the crowd behind his back could only watch in amazement and disbelief.

Tienshinhan only smirked and suddenly lunged toward Goku who snapped from his surprised state and shifted back into a fighting stance. The now former student of the crane school tried to chop Goku with two hands, but the saiyan blocked it easily. However, Goku forgot for a moment that Tienshinhan now had an extra pair and was remained of it when he received a strong hit on top of the head. The hit was powerful enough to smash him on the floor, but Goku refused that and took the chance to headbutt Tienshinhan in the gut. It forced the taller fighter to take a step back, but just like Goku a second before, Tienshinhan refused to back away.