0.4

Geryon snarled when he saw the sword. "Put that away, Mr. di Angelo. I ain't gonna have my guests killin' each other."

"But that's Per-"

"Percy Jackson," Geryon answered. "Annabeth Chase and a couple of their monster friends. Yes, I know."

"Monster friends?" Grover asked angrily.

"That man is wearing three shirts," Tyson said as he just realized this.

"They let my sister die!" Nico's voice trembled with rage. "They're here to kill me!"

Percy thought of Bianca as she saved everybody but herself. He was guilty of giving the idea.

"Nico, we're not here to kill you," Percy raised his hands. "What happened to Bianca was-"

"Don't speak her name! You're not worthy to even talk about her! You're the one who killed her!"

"Wait a minute," Annabeth narrowed her eyes at Geryon. "How do you know our names?"

The three-bodied man winked. "I make it my business to keep informed, darlin'. Everybody pops into the ranch from time to time. Everyone needs something from ole' Geryon. Now, Mr. di Angelo, put that ugly sword away before I have Eurytion take it from you."

Eurytion sighed, but he hefted his spiked club. At his feet, Orthus growled.

Nico hesitated. He looked thinner and paler than he had in the Iris-messages. Percy wondered if he'd eaten in the last week. His black clothes were dusty from traveling in the Labyrinth, and his dark eyes were full of hate. He was too young to look so angry. Percy still remembered him as the cheerful little kid who played with Mythomagic cards.

Reluctantly, Nico put away his sword. "If you come near me, Percy, I'll summon help. You don't want to meet my helpers, I promise."

"I believe you," Percy promised. 

Geryon smiled. "There, we've all made nice. Now come along, folks. I want to give you a tour of the ranch."

***

Geryon had something like a small tour car—like one of those kiddie trains that take people around zoos. It was painted in a cow pattern, black and white. The driver's car had a set of longhorns stuck to the hood, and the horn sounded like a cowbell. 

Percy thought that this was how Geryon tortured people; he embarrassed them to death riding around in the moo-mobile. Nico automatically went to sit in the back, so he could keep an eye on the group of teenagers. Eurytion squeezed in the car near Geryon with his spiked club. Orthus jumped on Eurytion, barking happily.

Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, and Percy took the middle two cars.

"We have a huge operation!" Geryon boasted as, what Percy called, the moo-mobile lurched forward. "Horses and cattle mostly, but all sorts of exotic varieties, too."

They came over a hill, and Annabeth gasped excitedly. "Hippalektryons? I thought they were extinct!"

With that, they went over more land and saw more than dozens of animals fenced in. Grover and Annabeth thought that was horrible for the animals to be kept in.

"Now, over here," Geryon said, "We have our fire-breathing horses, which you may have seen on your way in. They're bred for war, naturally."

"What war?" curiously asked Percy.

Geryon grinned slyly. "Oh, whichever one comes along. And over yonder, of course, are our prize red cows." Sure enough, hundreds of the cherry-colored cattle were grazing the side of the hill.

"So many," Grover said.

"Yes, well, Apollo is too busy to see them," Geryon explained, "So he subcontracts to us. We breed them vigorously because there's such a demand."

"For what?" Percy asked.

Geryon raised an eyebrow. "Meat, of course! Armies have to eat."

"You kill the sacred cows of the sun god for hamburger meat?" Grover said incredulously. "That's the against ancient laws!"

"Oh, don't get so worked up, satyr. They're just animals." muttered Geryon.

Then, Percy saw something new after the exotic, caged-in animals; he saw a girl from his dreams. Her raven black hair was the same and her face was still porcelain white. Percy thought she was fake, but she's real.

-

-

-

---------------

I feel really proud updating this.

COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE WITH OTHER FRIENDS.